two

emma chamberlain~

i get home around 6 after a long shift at the post office. i was happy to get out of there because of the crazy theory jen had. i doubt that ethan would be in love with me.

unless?

ugh, i don't know. i plop on my bed and start scrolling through my phone when i get a text.

e: party in 2, i hope you're not laying in bed doing nothing

i roll my eyes. how does he just know everything. i quickly respond,

me: i'm going to take a shower now dingus, don't be late

e: 😎

i quickly hop into the shower and let the hot water create an oasis of steam around me. i sing my heart out to khalid and wash my hair.

once i'm out, the clock reads 6:50. i begin to apply my makeup and start blow drying my hair. i check the time again and it's 7:25. i just finished straightening my hair and curling it at the tips. pulling half of my hair into a half up half down style and pulling 2 pieces up front to frame my face.

afterwards i slip into a tight light blue dress i had bought online at fashion nova. it hugs my curves perfectly and i love the dress.

i slip on some black high heels and a few pieces of jewelry

i slip on some black high heels and a few pieces of jewelry. i grab my purse and stuff it with essentials.

chapstick, my phone, keys, a flask and a rubber. just in case. hot girls have to be smart girls too.

soon enough it's 8pm and there's a car beep outside my front door. i know that it's ethan, so i close my door with my keys and head down my doorstep to enter his car.

ethan dolan~

as emma approaches my car, the moonlight shines brightly on her outfit. i'm completely stunned at her outfit.

she's gorgeous.

"hey emma, you look, outstanding," i say only the tiniest bit short of breath.

"why you look flattering too, dolan," she says with a smile as she enters my car.

we roll the windows down and blast music only a little too loudly as we arrive at nick richard's big cabin house in the woods.

we get out of the car and i grab emma's hand. to my surprise, she doesn't hesitate and interlocks her fingers with mine. she smiles at me and nods, signaling that she's ready.

we walk into the party scene. color changing led lights all around the house and in the backyard. loud rap music bumps through the industrial speakers. a huge pong table on the deck with red solo cups in a triangular formation on both sides, jocks and mathletes on opposing sides getting tipsy during each game. people roasting marshmallows to make s'mores not that far away from the long line at the keg stand. emma signals she's heading toward cup pong so i head inside where everyone is smoking.

i find my brother and his girlfriend laying on the couch passing a blunt back and forth between each other. infatuated in their love for each other and their love for the high.

"hey gray, hey daniella," i say as i fist bump him and wave to daniella.

"hey ethan," they say in unison with eyes blood shot.

"wanna hit?" grayson asks me holding up the half smoked blunt with swapped saliva on one side.

"no thanks, anyone with a pen around here?" i ask him because i'd rather use a pen than catch whatever the lovebirds are swapping.

grayson and daniella are cute. they act like they're married but we're only going into senior year. they've been on and off since 6th grade but we're serious since 8th grade. they're truly childhood lovers. sometimes i wish i could have a love like them, but the girl i want doesn't want me.

i find some guy with a pen and i take a few hits. i chill on my phone and grab a bunch of gummy worms in a jar to eat. i go outside to find a box of pizza on a table with red checkered design. i grab a slice of hawaiian and go talk to some friends. after a while i text emma to see where she is because i haven't seen her since she disappeared to cup pong.

me: hey where ru

a few minutes pass and i'm getting nervous. but soon a text shows up on my phone.

emma: annoying guy won't leave me alone
emma: front of house come quick

suddenly i'm filled with anger and i drop my slice back in the pizza box. i stumble over my feet as i head to the front of the house. at the corner i hear a bit of faint yelling and pleading. i observe from the side and listen in.

"can you like leave me alone nick? i do not like you," it's emma's voice.
"you suck, you suck, you suck, i hate you, leave me alone," emma says clearly drunk. i see her kicking nick richards' shins as he grabs her wrists.

"i'm not even doing anything, you shouldn't have worn that dress chamberlain," he says in a evil tone.

that's where i've had enough. i run towards emma and pull her aside.

"go inside em," i say motioning to the front door.

"hey you're no fun dolan," nick says pushing my chest as i stumble backwards.

with fury, i punch nick across the face.

"leave. her. alone. douchebag," i say as i punch him again in the nose.

"maybe next time, tell your slutty girlfriend not to dress how she is to my party," he says with an evil smirk.

"she's not a fucking slut, richards. i'd watch your mouth about how you speak about emma," i say in a stern voice.

and with my blood boiling i motion to emma to come off the porch and i grab her arm. i take her to my car and lock my door. i begin driving home and all you can hear is the silence of the event that just occurred. soon enough her voice breaks the silence.

"sorry ethan," she says in a soft voice.

no matter how mad i am, i'm not mad at her.

"don't apologize, how much alcohol have you had?" i ask concerned.

"well, i have to count on 3 hands," she says with her voice getting softer towards the end.

"oh my god," i say shocked but still not mad.

the rest of the drive is silent because i'm still a little high and i'm trying hard to drive us home safely. once we get to my house, i go around to the passenger door. in a small baby voice emma says,

"can you carry me?"

i may or may not be whipped for her but i do as she says. i bridal carry her out of the car and into my house. i carry her all the way up the stairs and gently lay her down in my bed. i quickly run downstairs to grab 2 water bottles and make a pb and j. emma's favorite snack. i bring it upstairs for her and make her eat as much as she can and drink as much water as she can to sober up. i give her my black nike joggers and one of my random "700 pound club" shirts from lifting at football. she then quickly changes into them. i look away, obviously. and then i tuck her into bed.

"thank you ethan, i love you tons, goodnight," she mumbles and then drifts into a quiet snore.

"goodnight emma."

did emma really just say that?

i walk to my guest bedroom and slip underneath the covers. i think about the words emma had just said to me. maybe it's just cause she's drunk. that's what i at least think it is. she doesn't actually love me.

unless?