The Attack

Riley's Point of View

I had to leave right away otherwise I would have gone off at Oakley about how horrible the government is, and how we don't have a free will to who we love. I was walking down the hall to head to my next class until I spotted my secret girlfriend Karen, kissing a dumb minded jock named Toby.

"Karen what do you think you are doing!" I stated.

"Oh hello, Riley. I'm sorry I didn't see you there." Karen stated with a look evil in her eyes.

All of a sudden I heard a voice loud but were about to break down, "Toby...wh...wh...w...what are you doing with her?" Oakley said trying to stay strong but failing.

"Well, Oakley I don't love you, I never have and for the two years we have been together I have hated you and my parents for making us be together until I stumbled upon this beautiful creature...Karen." Toby smiled and looked her the eyes and smiled happily. Toby continued, "Oh yeah, I won't tell anyone about you and Karen's little relationship if you promise to tell Oakley's parents that me and her split."

Before I could respond, I heard a woman yelling over the loudspeaker."ABA! I repeat an ABA! This is not a drill!" Instantly we were all running not just the four of us in the hallway but everyone.

"I thought they put a new security feature in this year to prevent this!" Oakley exclaimed as she was scared out of her mind.

The school had promised us after last year that ABA's or Alien Break-in Alert's wouldn't happen anymore and that we would be safe. They also told us that there was a key in our school to a safe room. I remembered and yelled, "You need to follow me now!"

Only Oakley heard me and followed, but once I found the key we struggled to get the door open. When we finally got the door open we heard a crash, which we later found out was the school's main door falling.

"Hurry, get in," I whispered quietly so they couldn't hear us. We both climbed in and locked the door, but Oakley was still scared.

Oakley told me about something she read in a book about alien attacks and a myth about how to make them leave. The only way that it could work is to have two people that were meant to be with each other and they have to work together, and only the truest of hearts could defeat the alien race and save humanity.

We both thought that if we tried it that it wouldn't work because neither of us was in love, but we decided to do it anyway because we had nothing better to do.