Chapter Four

"Serena, get over here!" Riley yelled into the dead of night as he stood surrounded by newborns, all of which were either feeding or destroying things out of rage. Victoria's newborn army was going hysteric and the only reason Serena stuck around was to make sure they didn't kill the redhead and her minion before Serena had the chance.

"Don't bark orders at me, boy." Serena strutted across the dark alley with her arms crossed over her chest as she made her way towards the blonde male. His blood coloured eyes were haunting as they pierced through the darkness but Serena forced herself to maintain eye contact.

"Then start doing things to help. I need you to train these newborns." Riley declared as he moved away from the vampires. Serena turned her attention to the blood thirsty newborns as a disgusted expression formed across her features.

"Why do I have to do it?" Serena asked as she glanced back at Riley.

"Because Victoria wants you to. They need to be taught how to fight. Show them what you know." Riley replied before starting to walk away, only for Serena to grab him by his shoulder and force him to stop moving.

"You better hope your girlfriend knows what she's getting into." The woman snarled through gritted teeth and watched as Riley's throat bobbed with a heavy swallow. He glanced at her through the corner of his eye before pulling his arm away and walking off.

With Edward and Bella safely in Florida, Serena knew she had a few days to not worry about any potential attacks occurring. As long as she kept all the newborns and Victoria in Seattle, the Cullens would be fine.

"All of you, get over here. Now!" Serena shouted at the army of newborns. They turned around in annoyance that she had interrupted their fun but did as they were told. The newborns slowly walked towards Serena, all of them ranging differently in age and appearance but every last one had the same bright red eyes. Some had blood dripping down their chins while others snarled at the dark haired woman, flashing their pointed teeth but not daring to attack.

"According to Riley, it's my job to train you animals. I'm going to teach you how to harness the strength that comes with being a vampire and teach you how to control yourselves before you wipe Seattle off the map. I need one of you to come forward for a demonstration." Serena paced back and forth in front of the newborns as she yelled at them, freezing in place as she waited for a volunteer.

"You heard her, one of you step forward!" Riley yelled from a distance. Even with how far away he stood, Serena heard a low growl come from the back of his throat in a threatening manner.

A tall woman with long, straight blonde hair and bold cheekbones stepped forwards. A cocky smirk was etched into her thin lips as she stopped in front of Serena and tilted her head to the side. The woman was a solid four inches taller than Serena but she didn't feel the slightest bit of intimidation as their red eyes glared at each other.

"What's your name?" Serena asked, copying the blonde's head tilt.

"Marie. What's yours?"

"Doesn't matter." Serena stated with a small smile, causing a confused expression to momentarily settle on Marie's features. Before the blonde knew what was happening, Serena grabbed her by her porcelain throat and slammed her towards the ground, forcing her knees to collide with the asphalt of Seattle. A loud crunch rattled through the night air that caused some of the newborns to wince as they watched the scene unfold. Marie pitifully crumpled over from the impact and gripped the ground as she sat back up on her knees.

"Distractions will lead to your death." Serena muttered coldly while Marie glared up at her, her under eyes a dark crimson and her teeth bared in anger. Serena gently shoved the woman over with a unimpressed scoff before walking away from her to face the rest of the newborn vampires.