A flash to the past

Mabel Jolgers was twenty five years old, and frankly,quite single.The year was 1912 in London during the ill year when The Titantic had sunk. Mabel is an unusual woman who lived alone; but why? Her lovely fiancee,Adam, had  promised to return after his long business trip to America. She was waiting for him. She wanted to believe Adam had indeed survived the crash.There was a dark void in her heart probably the part Adam took with him to is death. And she wanted to deny that Adam had died.

A rapid knock came from the door. The rapid knock had shook Mabel from her lonesome thoughts.

"Who is it?" Mabel asks lifting her head up from the direction of the fireplace.

More rapid knocking, great.

"Coming." Mabel said, in a low voice.

The rapid knocking turn into the doorbell being clicked repeatedly. She came to the door then grabbed on the handle and opens the door with a quick rush.There stood a pale complexioned man in golden armor, some of his attire was black and golden, yet he had a green cape connected to a square item pinning them down. He wore a golden helmet with horns that curled up backwards. He had the face of a handsome prince.

"I am The God of Mischief." The Complexioned man said.  "And I am burdening you with a glorious purpose to raise my daughter." 

He was gone in a yellow flash.

"What?"  Mabel said, blinking.

She looks down to her porch to see a baby girl in a pink blanket. She picks up the little one that wasn't stirring and crying in the warm blanket. The little baby girl looks at peace, content, and otherwise fine.Mabel picks up the abandoned child into her arms then she looks both ways for this unusual figure.The god of Mischief was no where in sight, Mabel looks down to the little dark baby then saw her eyes were green as summer grass.

"Envy." Mabel said. "How else would a child envy a adult?"

Mabel shuts the door behind her.

"I should name you Jenny, after the street you were left on." Mabel said, holding her finger out to the adorable baby. Baby Jenny takes a strong grip on her finger.  "Strong little girl. Jenny Jolgers, daughter of mischief, no blimey." She muuttered with the smallest of all smiles. "You will be the perfect princess."

Nine years pass and after that we witness Jenny grow into a tall girl for her age.She was tying her shoe laces slowly than she usually did. Mabel puts the plate on the table, wiggling her nose. By now Jenny usually would have tied her shoes in a perfect knot that could never be undone.Mabel taps her foot on the foot on the floor then puts her hands on her hips.

"Jenny."  Mabel said. "Your breakfeast is getting cold."

"Sorry Mum." Jenny said in a polite voice. "I'm having trouble with my shoelaces, that's all."

"Sit down at the table." Mabel orders her, which Jenny does but stands beside the seat. "Sit in the chair, Jenny."

Jenny sat down in the chair.

"What is wrong, my dear?" Mabel asks, coming to the side and puts a hand on Jenny's shoulder.

"I don't know what I am." Jenny said in a lower voice.

"You're a girl." Mabel said. "Oi, girls are more stronger than rascal boys!" She made a fist and pretends to punch at the air. "You should have seen me when I beat up a few wild boys in my day!" Mabel can tell that Jenny did not believe her.  "Something is on your mind, dear."

"Am I an alien?" Jenny asks, turning her head towards Mable. She is confused and upset.

"No,no,no dear." Mabel said, patting on Jenny's shoulder.  "You're a Jolger."

Jenny looks back to her plate.

"Mum, my skin is unable to be hit." Jenny said. "The boys make fun of me. They say I am not 'girl' enough."

Mabel is visibly shocked by Jenny's reply.

"Girl enough?"

"Yes, Mum."

"Girl enough?"

"Yes, that's what they said."

"GIRL enough!"

Mabel  is still not going to get over this.

"Mum, you don't have to repeat it." Jenny said.

"Truth to be told, dear." Mabel takes her hand off Jenny's shoulder.  "You're the daughter of a god. The god of Mischief."

Jenny's eyes shine.

"My dad is a god?" Jenny asks, with shining white eyes. She could have danced right there and twirled in circle if it were not proper and morning.

"I am certain of it."  Mabel said, admiring her child's princess face. "'He had the face of a prince."

"So what am I?" Jenny asks, again.

"You're a Demigod." Mabel said, with a nod. It was going remarkably well explaining to Jenny what Mabel guessed she is. "You're a human god."

"A superhuman who cannot physically age after reaching a specific age?" Jenny asks, her eyes were getting brighter and brighter.

"I guess." Mabel said. "You're still my little girl. Oi, I'll die before a rascal tears you away from me. I will make you watch or listen to every radio soap of the Dark Crystal Time Traveler." She puts one hand on the table.  "And you will be watching it with me every Saturday."

Jenny gasps.

"Until the day you die?" Jenny asks.

"Blimey!"  Mabel said, leaning away from her daughter. "Of course, dear.Until the day I fall off this life. You better eat up before your food is cold to the touch."  Mabel gestures to the plate that Jenny hasn't touched.  "The reward you'll get is me telling how I met your father."