𝐢𝐯.

𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐘.
sandy was awoken by a thud in her bedroom. she peered around to see what, or perhaps, who it was. the room was dark and quiet, only lit by the moonlight, so she had no idea what it could be.

meow!

relived it was only her pesky cat, she made a pst pst pst noise, followed by, "roger, come here!" she whispered. while roger jumped up onto her bed, sandy made a little cocoon for him to lay in. he usually hated cuddling, but after she lost her parents, roger became more intimate and sombre with her. it was as if he somehow knew what was going on. cats had strange senses, though.

roger cuddled into sandy's shoulder in the covers, rubbing his forehead on her arm. she was so happy her new "parents" allowed roger to come. she was worried he'd have to go live with some weirdo! "oh, roger... you get me." she smiled. but she knew roger wasn't listening. he never usually did.

she wanted so desperately to be able to sleep, but it was futile. she couldn't sleep for whatever reason for the past few days. thinking of everything. everyone.

her parents. her new family. her old friends who acted like she didn't exist anymore. she tried calling one, but apparently having dead parents was last season.

it was the night before she started her new private school with mikey. her 'brother'. she hoped she could just stay low for the time being. she didn't want any unwanted attention.

it'd been four days since her last therapy session. she was supposed to go straight after school to therapy, but she wasn't very excited at all. if she was lucky, the teachers would ignore her. the reason she had to change schools was that her other school was on a completely other side of london than where the family lived. sandy was supposed to graduate this year anyway, but she'd just have to wait a semester. it was awful. she hated it.

dr. harrison sympathized with her. he listened to her talk until she couldn't talk anymore. she was exhausted, what with all the moving and school issues. that, and losing her parents. but she tried to stay strong. for roger's sake, at the very least.

george harrison woke up hungover. again.

it was monday. again.

he scraped a chunk of greasy hair out of his face, sighing loudly. a pool of sweat encased his lower half-yuck... he'd fallen asleep in his jeans again. his couch was beer-stained, nearly ruined by george's muddy dog, shep. shep was a bernese mountain dog, and he was mainly emily's, but george decided he should keep him, however annoying he was. after all, he was the last living piece of his wife left.

george didn't notice the phone ringing until someone began yelling over the answering machine. "shit..." he cursed, running to the kitchen to listen to whoever it was.

"-been late before! i don't believe this, harrison! the best worker of the year and you're late-" before his boss could complain anymore, george picked up the phone and quickly tried to explain himself.

"mr. barkins, i'm t- ahem..." he suddenly tried to make his voice croaky and weak. "terribly sorry, sir. i've been 'aving a cold all morning. i'm so sorry, i forgot to call," he lied. it was a good coverup, but only because he'd never used it before. usually, he was at the top of his game, not even missing a minute of work.

and, now, here it was twelve pm and work had started six hours previously. "oh, harrison. that excuse usually works on me, but not today! that girl sandy has been here all morning, pacing around your office waiting for you! i've had my secretary keep her company, but she's paying you!i hope i don't have to call again!" with that, mr. barkins slammed the phone down on the receiver, not wanting to hear another word.

george tried to figure out what to do. he couldn't show up to work hungover, and he certainly couldn't talk to sandy in a civilized manner. he'd be a fraud to come in like this. he had no choice but to down about ten glasses of water before taking the drive to work.

mr. barkins had a smug grin on his face as soon as george pulled up, suitcase nearly falling out of george's encumbered grip. "morning, sir," he chuckled, waving at his boss. "lovely weather, isn't it?" mr. barkins, angry as ever tried to restrain himself from being snarky, but he just couldn't help himself. he knew something was wrong with george, his trusted, sole loyal employee

"no, not really. rather rainy if i do say so," he murmured, flashing a grin. "sandy's waiting, george"