Chapter 34: Show time !

#Fact 3: When Travis was still living in the real world, he used to go to the library and read some children's books, especially those about the discovery of the world. Once, he wanted to try reading a manga by simple curiosity, but he had some trouble understanding the story due to the reversed reading direction. So, he preferred to continue reading regular books.

~Primrose's POV~

VLAM !

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ! NEITHER OF YOU IS READY WHILE YOU WERE STILL DILLY-DALLYING IN THAT SLUM DURING ALL THIS TIME ?!!"

Helgenish's brutal voice resonated in the room as me and the other girls were stood still in the middle of the room.

We all thought better to not interrupt him and to stay silent.

"ALL OF YOU KNOW THERE IS AN IMPORTANT EVENT TODAY, SO WHY NOT A SINGLE OF MY STRAY ISN'T ABLE TO SHOW INITIATIVE ?!!"

As I stayed calm, the other dancers were feeling guilty and ashamed of our master's anger. The ambiance of the room would always take an oppressive tone each time he penetrates in that room.

He then calmed himself and warned us.

"Today, I have a lot of important customers who would request only one THING: high-quality work. So, if ever they end up being disappointed, I'll be disappointed as well, and you know what will happen when I'm disappointed...", he then approached me. "And I'm thinking especially of you, Primrose. I've always spoken well of you to my clients, so I'm giving you ONE LAST CHANCE to catch up yourself, but don't throw it aside. Understand ?!"

I answered him by acting innocently.

"...Yes, Master Helgenish. After the awful dance I've given to you this morning, you must deserve that I perform the best show of the year. You have my words."

He stared at me coldly, before saying calmly while grinning and stroking my chin.

"You catch on fast, from what I can see. Remember, my dear: as long as you exceed my expectations, you will feel at home..."

A small silence could be heard inside the dorms, but suddenly

SBUNK !

He stomped heavily his foot on the floor, making the girls flinching, as he yelled.

"DO I HAVE TO PUSH YOU ?!! MY CUSTOMERS ARE WAITING FOR THEIR SHOW !!!"

Right now, all 5 of us left the room and went outside.

We were walking along the alley in a single line, as the city was once again well crowded of merchants and bystanders now it was the afternoon.

The sun was nicely shining over half of Sunshade and the ambiance was quite noisy with those carts crossing the sandy roads and the domestic horses pulling them.

NEEEEEEIIIIIGHHHH !!!

Cataclop ! Cataclop !

I haven't still found one of the crow men, but I finally got in hand a potential clue of the reason which could explain why my father has been murdered.

That crystal could be a piece of evidence of my father's most secret works, but I still have to put light on its mystery. Indeed, I'm pretty sure that there is another one which must be kept by that man Travis has followed.

On what purpose my father wanted to hide this crystal ? Where did those crystals come from and what are they for ?

There was no way I would carry such an important thing with me before I have to work, so I did better to give it to Travis earlier and to tell him to keep it securely. And to make sure he was safe, I told him to stay hidden at the dorms until I come back. I can't leave him alone outside anymore after what happened with those bandits.