Chapter 7: Dill Meets Boo

Dill stared at Arthur in shock. First he attacks 'em, now he's sittin' at the Finch's dinner table. Wait, where's Jem!? Dill thought. "Where's Jem?"  Dill asked. Everyone's face changed and they all looked at the table. Oh my goodness, Boo ate Jem! Dill thought.
"Jem nearly got his arm ripped off." Scout said suddenly. Oh no, what happened? The boy thought.
"Why? How?" Dill blurted.
"Mr Ewell got mad at Atticus, so he tried to kill Jem and I. He would've too, but Boo came out of his house and saved us. I walked him home. Then I found him under our porch the next mornin'. Nathan kicked him out, so he's staying with us for a while. We went to the pond yesterday." Scout explained. Dill sighed in relief, his friends were alright.
"C-can I see Jem?" He asked.
"Yeah. Come on." Scout said as she wiped her mouth and stood up. She ran into Jem's room with Dill not far behind.

After checking on Jem, Dill decided to learn more about Boo Radley. Scout, Arthur, and Dill walked out onto the porch to learn more about each other. "Here Dill, you can sit next to him on the swing." Scout offered. Arthur sat on the swing and Dill looked at him nervously. "He won't bite, Dill." She said in a teasing voice.
"What if we all sat on the swing?" Dill suggested. That way if he does bite, I have a 50% chance of getting away. He thought, then he felt bad for this thought.
"Sure." Scout said. She sat to Arthur's left and Dill sat to his right. Dill looked up at Arthur and watched him while Arthur nervously smiled at him. "Dill, this is Boo, or you could just call him Arthur." Scout informed. Dill nodded, still staring up at Arthur. "Dill, you can talk to him." Scout said.
"Hey." Dill said, breathlessly. The whole time he wanted Boo Radley to come out, he was never expecting him to come out. Arthur nodded once in greeting.
"He's a little nervous, but he'll warm up to you." Scout said. Arthur smiled and Dill nodded, still not taking his eyes off the ghostly man.
"Nice to meet you, Dill." Arthur whispered slowly. Dill's eyes widened and he fell forward. Then everything went black.