chapter five

☆

☆.。.:*   The Mystery Guest .。.:*☆

It was not uncommon to be attending lunch, though what Draco had found unusual was that his mother had formally called upon him. His suspicions had risen when he spotted a rather anxious looking Blaise coming from the West wing. Odd, seeing as he rarely visited those quarters, usually reserved for guests, filled with unoccupied rooms.

"You alright?" Draco's voice boomed throughout the hall, snapping the man's attention.
In an instance, Blaise's warry expression shifted in a cool calm, a facade. One Draco knew so well.
"Yeah, mate," Blaise replied, heading past him, though Draco caught his arm.
"Don't lie to me, I know you just came from the West Wing."
Draco knew Blaise all too well. Blaise should've known not to lie, instead should've told him at least a half-truth.

"And?" Blaise retorted.
Draco sighed, "And, barely anyone goes there, especially you. I'm actually surprised you bothered to come out of your room."

It was true. It had been the first time in a while since Blaise had left his side of the manor. After everything that had happened to Blaise...he didn't blame him. Draco had done his best to cheer the bloke up -along with Theodore- though he insisted that he required time to think things over. Weeks. He'd been sulking within his chambers.
"Alright, bloody fucking hell- we have a guest staying with us for a while," Blaise replied, yanking his arm away from Draco.

They weren't the closest of friends, albeit, they only started getting accustomed to each other's company nearing their 6th year. However, the moments they've shared were always rather significant. Therefore he knew never to cross the boundaries they've set for one another. Draco would not cross this line. If he needed to know, he would. Though curiosity still lingered within him.

After hearing Blaise's footsteps fade, Draco headed to the west wing. His foolish curiosity getting the best of him. He passed every familiar door, unlocked to reveal several rooms, some empty, some filled with books and a desk, most were just unoccupied bed chambers, others housed a grand piano. Draco was ready to head back to the other direction until he noticed the light seeping from underneath another door. He grabbed on the handle, locked. He'd heard light footsteps coming from within. Then soft rhythmic hums, a sweet delicate voice. It was a woman, a woman staying with them. A woman whom Blaise knows and is deciding to keep a secret. A lover perhaps? Though, wouldn't it be too soon for Blaise to try and repair his broken heart? But then again, Draco wouldn't put it past Blaise to get a rebound.
He wouldn't push any further than he already has.

Swiftly, Draco headed towards the main lounge, where he was sure his mother would be.

When Draco spotted his mother in the lounge, whispering with Valeriana Zabini, it was yet another unusual sign. Usually, they all talked freely, fearless with the words they used, unbothered by their sharp criticism, and sometimes harsh words.