chapter twelve

☆

☆.。.:* Coffee and Friends .。.:*☆

 The cafe was remotely empty. It was comforting to be in a familiar environment. The warmth of the room enclosed her like a blanket, the dim golden light creating such a cordial atmosphere. Potted plants decorated the tables. Light and creamy colors enhanced the comforting effects of the coffee-scented space.

Hermione waited patiently, fidgeting with her cream silk dress. It had been a humid day out- even in the autumn days. Her dark beige coat hung behind her chair. Hermione's wand securely tucked inside her boot. She'd been waiting for some time now. The contents of the large mug in front of her, halfway gone.

The taste of the hazelnut cappuccino sweet upon her lips.

The bell sounded from the front of the shop. There she spotted two fiery redheads and a dark-haired young man with reflective glasses and a scar upon his forehead. Hermione took a breath. A smile on her lips upon seeing the three. It had been a while since she last saw them.

Hermione stood from her seat and walked towards the three. Greeted with warm smiles, she embraced the young girl first. Then Harry and Ron locked her in a tight hug. Hermione breathed in the scent of cinnamon, vanilla, and the free, farm air that lingered in the clothes they wore.

"We've been worried sick about you," Ron stated, pulling away as she lead them to the table.

Hermione didn't know what to say to them, she was going to tell them eventually. "I've been very busy,"

"We missed you," Harry said, his emerald eyes gleaming while he spoke.

Hermione felt the pang of guilt crashing onto her like a tidal wave. She'd missed them a lot, but there were some occasions when she didn't mind having Blaise or Theodore in her company, they made her feel less alone.

"I missed you all too," She replied, giving Ginny a warm smile.

Ginny- she'd missed especially. She hadn't been in the company of another girl in long while. There were the ladies in the manor though it wasn't the same as speaking to another girl. Hermione had missed her dearly, what was worse was that she only realized it now.

"Where have you been?" Ron asked her, his face filled with confusion, "We came to your house to surprise you on your birthday, only to have your parents say you were gone. No letters, no calls. Only to find a strange owl- the first letter you've sent all week."

Her birthday had completely escaped her mind. She'd completely forgotten to celebrate it. She doubted that anyone else in the manor cared enough to even wish her a happy birthday. It was too late anyway. It had been almost a week since she turned 17.

Since the change in her appearance. Hermione had been shocked that neither of them had outwardly pointed out how much her hair changed, or her body transformed. Then again, the changes weren't that drastic- nothing a simple hair dye or less food can't fix.