chapter twenty-four

☆

☆.。.:* Party favors .。.:*☆

"Theodore?"

Hermione breathed, taking in the young man standing at the entrance of the tent. The smirk on his lips was enough to make Hermione sway on her feet. She didn't know when she started thinking of Theo in such a way. It's so much as a fact that Theodore Nott is more than easy on the eyes. He wore such casual clothes that it had caught Hermione off guard- black pants a dark green hooded jumper. She thought he looked like a muggle in such clothes.

"What're you doing here?"

"I was looking for you," A genuine smile graced his lips, lighting up his whole face.

"Oh," Hermione said, a little alarmed, "Why?"

There was a glimmer of mischief in his eyes that made Hermione want to run. She knew very well what Theodore's idea of fun is, and it certainly isn't cozying up with a book by the fireplace.

"Well Granger, I got told you needed company," He opened his arms, gesturing to himself.

"Theo, I'm perfectly capable of wandering alone,"

He quirks a brow, "Are you sure? I mean, I know you can handle yourself but it doesn't hurt to have a companion."

Hermione considered for a moment. She was slightly tired but also very hungry, plus it would be a good way to get to know Theodore Nott. They've just started talking more about themselves, her curiosity demanded more. He was a rather interesting character. She once believed him to be just another shallow, prejudice pure-blood, but she'd recently started seeing a whole different side to him. Someone who'd loved and lost.

"Alright,"

The pair stalked over to a pretzel boot, with Theo insisting on paying. She'd never had a real 'date' before, but this somehow felt like one. Hermione couldn't help the heat creeping up to her face and Theo noticed.

"I know I'm charming Granger," he teased, "but you gotta learn to control yourself better." The wink he sent to Hermione caused her eyes to roll, the blush swiftly vanishing.

"Have you always been this egotistical?"

Theodore tapped a finger on his chin, pretending to be deep in thought.

"No, it happened when I was about eight. A girl complimented me, then it went downhill from there." He made a low whistling sound as a snort escaped Hermione.

"You do know that us girls are very generous with our compliments,"

Theodore placed a hand over his chest pretending to be wounded by her words. Laughter bubbled over the two as they began peaking through various tents.
The grass was softly brushing against her dress pants, the night air surprisingly warm, and the sky cloudless and vibrant. There couldn't be a more perfect night to spend with friends. In the far distance she spotted Harry, Ron and Ginny playing an odd looking carnival game, there were many people around, but they were far enough that some weren't able to spot them.