Part 4

Nine sat on the couch and browsed shows on Netflix. Pavel followed Dome to the kitchen.

'I told you,' said Dome. 'I wasn't feeling well when you called, but I... ugh. I'm not gonna repeat myself.' He opened the cupboard to get some chips and bowls.

Pavel crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. 'You're avoiding me. It's because of the kiss, isn't it? I told you, it shouldn't change any—'

'That's the problem!' Dome snapped. He straightened himself and locked eyes with his leading man. Heat was creeping up to his face. 'You tell me to do this, you tell me to do that. Are you now telling me how to feel?' Dome hissed, 'I'm doing us a favor!'

Pavel took a deep breath. 'What about me? How would you feel if your best friend suddenly doesn't want to answer your calls and push you away every chance he gets? Are you going to throw this away just like that? You're not even gonna fight for us??'

'Ahhh!' Nine screamed from the living room. 'Found the perfect movie! Why are you guys taking so long?'

Pavel opened his mouth to say some more, but Dome has already walked out.

Dome and Nine agree on a lot of things, and this includes watching horror movies and TV shows. The scarier, the better. Tonight they're watching Iterrados, and it was scary as hell. Nine was almost sitting on Dome's lap, head resting on the latter's chest. They would laugh and yell in surprise at every jump scare. If you didn't know Nine has a boyfriend, you'd think they were together.

There's one person in the room who wasn't enjoying at all, however. He was sitting on the loveseat on the corner, glaring at the other boys, and he couldn't wait for Nine to leave.

Nine's not Dome's leading man, so why should he get to hug him? 😡😡😡

The movie's main character was trying to burn the house, and suddenly a ghost appeared beside him. At the same time, Dome's door opened, revealing a man's silhouette. Dome and Nine screamed like there's no tomorrow. They hugged each other so hard, Pavel had an overwhelming urge to stand up and rip them apart.

David stepped into the living room, smiling and shaking his head. He was carrying a box and went straight to the kitchen. The movie ended a few minutes later, so Dome and Nine followed David.

'That's my favourite!' Nine exclaimed. David welcomed him with an embrace.

Dome was smiling. They all knew Nine has a big crush on his best friend.

'P, why did you return?' asked Dome. 'I texted you I was fine.'

'You said Nine was coming so I brought his favourite cake.' David winked at the giddy Nine.

Pavel was fuming in the background. If there's anything he hated more than Dome and Nine hugging, it's David. The mere existence of the guy infuriates him. Mister perfect-charming-know-it-all bastard. David might be taller than him and more muscular, but he wouldn't refuse a fight.

Pavel took out his phone. It's time to eliminate the competition.

Nine's dessert was interrupted by a text from Joong. It included a photo of him eating cake and smiling brightly at David. He was startled. He glared at his co-star. 'Pavel!'

Pavel was grinning. 'Your boyfriend's looking for you so I told him what you're doing.'

'You're the worst,' exclaimed Nine, standing up. There are only two men whom Joong is insecure with, and that's Joss and David. His boyfriend is an expert at sulking, and fighting so near Christmas is out of the question.

'Sorry, I have to go,' Nine announced. He then turned back to Pavel, eyes narrowed, and said, 'You'll regret this.'

Pavel shrugged. He'll just have to make it up to the tiny guy later. Right now he'll have to fix this situation with Dome.

'David,' said Pavel, 'is it okay if you leave as well? I have to talk to Dome in private and I'm afraid it's going to take long.'

No! No! No! No! —Dome kept screaming in his head. Don't leave me with him!

David looked at his best friend reluctantly, but he knew he had no choice. He stood up, and told Dome to call him tomorrow.

When the door closed and his friends out of the condo, Dome's heart was beating a little bit faster. Pavel was the image of an avenging demon who just crawled out of the depths of hell.

'Now we'll talk,' stated Pavel.

Thunder roared from the sky.

😰😰😰