0.0 [party favours]

A/N: i can't promise frequent updates on this, but i can try to update as much as possible :)

I take another sip of the whisky that sits loosely between my fingers while watching Zayn sit on his chair feeling up another girl that attended St. Barbs academy. It was always entertaining watching Zayn get amused like this. Ever since his grandfather passed away he had been off the walls, drinking non-stop, smoking whenever he had gotten a chance. Now I had him tied down. He was staying in, completing his school work and behaving properly. I did miss having my right-hand man always at my side, accompanying me through everything, but he needed some closure and who was I to not be there for him?

I get up off of the bar stool and stroll through the hallway, brushing past open-collared teens who stumbled around mindlessly. I nod to a few mildly sober ones that I know from school but other than that, it was just a mob of sweaty, disgusting adolescents. My whisky has somehow vanished from my glass and I am in dire need of another, though, champagne sure has my throat dry and needy. I stand on my tippy toes and reach for a bottle of Krug Brut, switching my glass and pouring myself a steady amount. It simmers in my throat, making my lips tingle. I know I should check on Zayn just to make sure he's not destroying himself but I can't help but lay eyes on a short blonde with deep red lipstick painted on.

"I didn't know this party has turned into a petting zoo," I muse, approaching her slowly, the music beating numbly in the background.

Her eyes narrow at me as she rests her free hand that isn't occupied with a martini on her hip, "oh, Louis, always a pleasure," she says, giving her hand.

"Likewise," I grimace.

She raises her eyebrows at me then breaks the cold stare into a satisfied smirk, "Oh, come here you big oof."

I embrace her tightly, making sure to rub my hands over her small back, "Do tell me, how was Paris?"

"Good, good, Harry's decided to move back here due to some incident at his old school, he's at home at the moment."

"Harry? Your brother? Oh, I'm really looking forward to meeting him, he's been in Paris for... God knows how long!" I exclaim.

"Yes, yes, well that was a great time for him, although, the kids can be quite cruel," she looks down.

"What happened?"

She looks up at me apologetically, "he's come back to leave the past behind him, I don't think it's my place to tell."

"Very true, well I would really like for you to introduce me sometime," I say.

She just nods and smiles to herself as if laughing at some joke, "he could use a few friends, yeah."

"What year is her in again? My mind has gone blank," I smile.

"Ten, freshman year didn't treat him very well."

I smack my lips together in a sort of grimace, "so sorry to hear that, I really am, kids can be ruthless, can't they?"

"Proper example being Harry," she says, then reaches for a bottle of scotch, sliding an empty glass across the counter and pouring herself a half-glass.

I too take a drink out of my own drink, letting the cold liqueur burn in my throat, buzzing around in my head already. "The party has been nice, though it is the next semester in two days, I really need to clean up my sleep schedule."

"You've been having issues again?" Gemma asks, reaching forwards to grab my hand.

I feel a cold sweat break over my forehead and my leg twitches incessantly, I grab at my knee to make it stop and just shake my head at her. "It's nothing, I've been stressed."

"Drinking doesn't help, let Zayns current situation be a guide," she coughs, nodding her head over to where Zayn is struggling to stand with a straight face against the wall in the doorway. A girl is licking up his neck hungrily and I cannot help but sympathize for him a bit.

"I'm not an alchohlic," I spit, pushing my whisky away and knocking it over only to spill in the process.

"It's about prevention of substance abuse!" Gemma exclaims, standing up to look for a towel.

She finds one under the sink and wipes up my mess. "Trust when I say I have more control over my actions than you think," I roll my eyes at her over-reacting.

"That's what an alcoholic would say."

"Why do I bother conversing with you? Where's your brother, I do hope he's not as nagging as you are," I sigh, clearing my throat and scanning my house. The majority of the peope have cleared out and it is only one o'clock in the morning.

"Do I want you to influence my brother to make bad decisions?"

"What bad decisions have I ever made? Look at me, I'm Louis Tomlinson, don't give me that look, I don't need your pity!" Now I'm mad.

There are people who think they know you, they think you're so transparent and it's so frusterating because they're always wrong. Gemma always has and always will assume the worst of people but that's what you get when your father abandons your family at such a young age. I know she's gotten scars but she has remained so unaffected from her past I don't pity her.

She puts words in my mouth and she has only been here for a good twenty minutes.

"Help me clear out my house, yeah?" I ask, not really looking at her and pouring her unfinished and ignored martini down the drain.

"I was gonna-!"

"Alcoholism is bad, Gemma," I cut her off only to sneer at her.

She only glares and continues to approach and formally tell the guests that the party is finished. I love not being friends with scums, the ones who are losers, the ones who sit and do nothing and wreck your house just because they've gone out once a week. Those scums probably know who I am, or at least who my father is.

"Are you quite ready to be back for high school?" Gemma asks, siding by me after the house is cleared.

I turn to her with a scowl, "not in the slightest."

"Well then I fear for Harry, I really, really do."

_

This was pretty short so I apologize and I don't really know where it's going just yet but hey, chapter one, bear with me, guys.

Idk how to feel about this so give me feedback!

-H, xox