Patton

A/N: This chapter is going to be written in first person. The POV will be stated at the beginning of each part. This is a sad chapter. It was originally gonna be the last chapter of the book, but I wanted the last chapter to have a little bit of closure. I'm sorry I'm advance.

Warnings: Blood, death

Patton:

I left the base with Bedrag. Not that I really had a choice in the matter. He had control over me. Ever since Virgil arrived it was like I was watching my body act without me. It scared me so much. And then when Remus came... it was like something inside me snapped.

"Patton."

I looked up to see Bedrag handing me my watch. I hadn't seen the device since he had strapped me to that chair and promised to stop hurting me if I took it off. He'd lied.

"I want you to take this and activate it. Send out a distress signal. When your friends come you are to deactivate it."

I nodded numbly. I knew this was a trap. I didn't want to see anyone get hurt. But, I couldn't stop myself from doing as I was told.

***

Logan:

We were all sitting in the base trying to figure out how we could save not only Patton, Virgil, and Remus, but also Remy. It had been several hours since our battle with the two villains that had once been our friends.

Roman was talking with Olav about a possible game plan. Rebellion and I were quietly going over the video footage with Hayden. We were all engrossed in what we were doing when our watches sounded an alarm. Roman, Olav and I looked at each other and then at our watches.

"Patton..." I'm not sure who said his name, but I knew we were all thinking the same thing when we saw the blip. Our friend was alive.

"This could be a trap," Roman's voice shook slightly. He was saying what we all knew. Though none of us wanted to believe it.

***

Roman:

"I don't care. If there's even a small chance that we can get him back we are taking it."

I looked at Logan in shock. I expected those words to come from my mouth. Or even Deceit's. Never from the man who always had to run through a plan at least twice before he was satisfied with it.

"We can take our chances I suppose. There's still four of us. Deceit still has a bullet. And you're pretty hard to take down. Rebellion is pretty good at planning on the spot."

"Are you trying to convince us or yourself, Prince?"

"Yes."

"Okay then," Rebellion rose from her seat beside Logan. "Let's go save a Heart."

***

Patton:

I watched in horror as my friends, and a woman I had never met before arrived. Deactivating my watch I took it off and handed it to Bedrag who was still disguised at Olav.

In the time it took them to arrive Virgil had woken up and he and Remus were standing with us.

All I could do was silently pray that my friends won this battle and saved us. The woman looked like she would be a nice new friend as well.

"Let them go, Bedrag," Olav stepped forward and stared down his doppelgänger. "If you let them go I'll go with you. We can fix what they did to us. We can be... whole again."

No, Olav. No. Don't do that. Bedrag told me how you were. You've come so far. Please don't.

"I don't think so," Bedrag chuckled. "Want to see you broken, Deceit. And what better way to do that than to make you watch your friends being hurt by you."

There was a loud bang and a sharp pain in the back of my head before everything went dark.

***

Olav:

I watched in horror as the man wearing my face pulled out a gun and shot Patton point-blank in the back of the head. The older man's face seemed not to register anything, but I saw the quick flash of fear in his eyes before his lifeless body fell to the ground.

He killed him. I killed him. Patton was dead and it was my fault. My fault because I couldn't kill that part of me twenty years ago.

I heard someone yelling Patton's name, but it felt so far away. So distant. Bedrag said something. I know he did. I saw his lips moving. I watched as he turned to leave. Remus went with him, cackling. Virgil on the other hand. Virgil didn't move. He stared at the body on the ground before us. At Logan kneeling beside the body, cradling it in his arms and crying and covered in blood and brain matter. At Roman beside him.

***

Virgil:

He killed him. He killed Patton. I didn't... I didn't know he would do that. I didn't know. Something cracked. His hold slipped. I could hear Bedrag telling Remus and I to come with him. I didn't move though. I could resist. Remus couldn't though. As he walked past me, cackling I caught a glimpse of the pain and fear in his eyes. He was still in there.

I felt hands grip my shoulders. Someone was shaking me and calling my name, but my eyes couldn't focus.

"Breathe, Virgil!"

"Breathe!"

Was I not breathing? My head was swimming. I could feel the rise and fall of my chest. I was breathing, but something was off. Suddenly my body fell limp and everything went dark.