Chapter 1 - The Red String

If you don't notice:

When Gaara and Naruto are alone/disguised, "They speak like this."

When Gaara and Naruto are with humans, "They speak like this."

Thoughts and when humans are in the hellscape, "They speak like this."

The texts and messages are "in bold like this"

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING STORY CONTAINS SCENES OF VIOLENCE, MENTAL ILLNESS, NEGATIVITY AND REVENGE.

You have been warned.

*~*~*

It was a seemingly normal day at Konoha High.

The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, students were arriving and throwing their bags onto their desks in preparation for the first class to begin. It was warm, but not obscenely hot, which Hinata Hyuuga liked a lot.

She was wearing her usual school uniform, a big jumper over her shirt as she was shy about showing her large and plump assets. There wasn't anything wrong with that, but she did suppose that it made her look a little frumpier than she actually was. She didn't like to exercise, but she didn't need to anyway, which was always nice.

Her hair was long and dark, and she thought that her hair was one of her best features. She managed it well, every morning without fail she brushed it until it was silky smooth. But it was currently messy and wet as she struggled to breathe.

Hinata slapped the toilet frame and tried to push herself up from the kneeling position that she was forced to be in. She felt hairs rip out of her scalp painfully as she was thrust backwards suddenly and finally was able to gasp a breath of oxygen.

There were cackles behind her but all she could do was hold her head in her hands and try to blink away the stars that were infiltrating her vision. She coughed up water and spluttered as she turned her head slightly.

Karin was the ring leader. The malicious redhead liked to have everything her way, and when there were certain eyesores in her sight, she liked to make their lives absolute hell. Ino Yamanaka and Sakura Haruno liked to watch and follow Karin's orders, enjoying being part of the mean girl trio in the school.

Apparently, Hinata had offended them in some way, because they made it their personal mission to torture her and make her feel miserable in school, which should be a safe space.

Hinata Hyuuga had been bullied for a while.

They laughed at her and Karin grabbed a fistful of Hinata's hair, pulling it upwards so the only way to minimise the excruciating pain of hair being ripped out was to stand up weakly.

"I-I'm sorry..." Hinata cried, tears flowing steadily and sliding down her cheeks.

Karin released her hair and kicked her stomach, making Hinata crouch and cough as she cradled her belly.

With a finger tapping her chin, Karin hummed. "The little bitch is apologising," she grinned, "what are you apologising for, huh?"

Sakura frowned, "Why isn't she kneeling?" She turned to Hinata and kicked her, "Why aren't you kneeling?!"

"I don't know Sakura, maybe she wants another punch?" Ino glanced at her nails and raised her eyebrow.

Hinata didn't want that. She feebly shifted her position and knelt on the ground, staring up at the three girls. "I'm sorry..."