Chapter 2 - See How You Run

If you don't notice:

When Gaara and Naruto are alone/disguised, "They speak like this."

When Gaara and Naruto are with humans, "They speak like this."

Thoughts and when humans are in the hellscape, "They speak like this."

The texts and messages are "in bold like this"

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING STORY CONTAINS SCENES OF VIOLENCE, MENTAL ILLNESS, NEGATIVITY AND REVENGE.

You have been warned.

*~*~*

Sasuke Uchiha was close to breaking down.

Anyone from school would laugh if they saw him at that moment, hiding underneath his blanket and like a child bringing its knees to its chest, it was like his body became smaller. His hands snaked its way into his hair, pulling and gripping his head.

"Go away." He whispered desperately, the ringing from his phone wouldn't stop. It continued for minutes and minutes until he wanted to start screaming for it to stop. "Go away!"

There was no point in throwing his phone at the wall, this was his third iPhone, all with different numbers, each time.

"Leave me alone you sick fuck!" He shouted and threw the blanket off his body, teeth clenched so tightly that he could feel his jaw starting to ache.

There were loud footsteps running towards his room. His brother, Itachi, swung open the door and realisation came upon him.

"Sasuke..." Itachi's eyes were sad and downcast. "Turn it off, just turn your phone off!" He walked towards his younger brother and wrapped him in a hug.

Sasuke leaned into his brother's chest, shivering and shaking from the discomfort and dread of being in this situation. "I can't." Sasuke spat out angrily. "If I turn my phone off, he just calls the landline, and then Father and Mother will get involved again."

Itachi pulled away from the hug with a steely expression in his eyes, "Good! They should get involved again! We've changed the locks, gotten you a new phone, but somehow he always manages to find you!" Itachi scowled. "I'll go to the police station tomorrow, the fact that they aren't doing anything is getting ridiculous."

Nodding slowly, Sasuke approved, "Just don't get Mother and Father involved again, you know they're already..."

"Yes, I know." Itachi waved a hand dismissively.

Fugaku and Mikoto Uchiha were going through a rough patch in their relationship, and the six month old experience of Sasuke getting stalked didn't help. All they did was argue, and their arguments always evolved from trying to help Sasuke, into everything bad about their relationship and how much they hated each other.

It wasn't always like that, but the way that time manages to heal some, it can also destroy some.

The phone stopped ringing after an hour. Of course, Sasuke could have turned his phone off, but the landline would start ringing. The same thing would happen if he changed his setting to Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode.

Itachi once unplugged the landline too, but Fugaku got so angry as he missed an important business call, so they knew that unplugging the landline was never an option.

Sasuke eventually fell soundly back to sleep, Itachi stayed for a few minutes just staring at him. He exhaled, glad to see Sasuke finally at peace, at least for a few hours, and pushed Sasuke's fringe away from his eyes.