Chapter 2

The next morning Amara had dropped Kris off at day-care and was driving everyone to school. Paulie sat in the passenger seat, and the younger ones sat in the back. Amara's thoughts drifted to the previous night. Kade's big hands on her, touching her, and the bulge she felt.

"Why are you smiling? It's creepy," Paulie remarked.

"I didn't realize," Amara replied.

"Is it a boy?" Emerald asked.

"Why are you so boy crazy?" Paulie asked.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! I know," Emerald leaned forward, "is it Jase?"

The smile fell off Amara's face, and she glanced over at Paulie, "no, it's not Jase."

The rest of the journey to school felt long and tense. Amara was sure Paulie didn't believe her about Jase, but it wasn't about Jase at all, Jason was just a close friend from school, it was Kade that filled her mind.

When they arrived, Paulie was first out of the car, slamming the door behind her. Amara quickly got out and called after her, but Paulie flipped her off and stormed away. The others quietly snuck away from Amara while Jase approached her.

"Good morning Amie!" Jase grinned.

"Morning, Jase," Amara locked the car.

They walked towards the school entrance to begin their day, but Amara couldn't get Kade out of her mind all day. Even on the way home, she found herself thinking about him. Amara didn't want to admit it, but the daddy comment turned her on. She shook her head and focused on driving. When she stopped the car, Paulie was the first one out and slammed the car door again. Amara sighed and hit her head against the wheel.

"She'll get over it in time for your wedding with Jase," Emerald said.

"Yep, thanks Emmy," Amara mumbled.

Amara does her usual routine of getting the kids under control while doing laundry and cooking. Tonight was pizza night, so she had more time to get other chores done. Then, the front door opened, and her heart started to pound. It was him. She heard him greet the kids, then made his way to the kitchen.

"Can I help?" Kade asked.

"I've got everything under control, you can go sit down," Amara replied.

She heard him turn away and talk to Daniel and Ewan in the living room. He could hear them all laughing, which reminded her of when he used to play with her. Before she came to the Hallfield's house, she was in a foster care home that Kade and his parents frequented. They didn't foster her until she was 12, but Kade had been in her life for as long as she could remember.

She served dinner and called everyone to the table; they sat down but realized Paulie wasn't coming. Amara was about to get up from her chair, when Emerald stopped her, "I wouldn't if I were you."

Amara reconsidered talking to Paulie. She hated that Paulie felt like this, but she knew that Paulie will want to be alone for now. They ate their pizza and quietly left one by one until it was just Amara, Kris, and Kade again. Kade started collecting the plates while Amara picked up Kris and bounced with him.

"What was that?" Kade asked.

"Paulie thinks I like the guy she likes," Amara replied.

"Ah, girl stuff," Kade mumbled.

Amara pretended she didn't hear him and sat on the couch with Kris, she switched over to the kids' channel and watched a new episode of Kris' favorite. Kade joined them after doing the dishes.

The atmosphere in the house felt off that night, so much so that Daniel, Ewan, and Kris went to bed willingly. A while after, Emerald came down to say goodnight to save the awkwardness between Amara and Paulie. It was just Kade and Amara, alone again. They were sat on the couch watching a late-night movie as usual, but like Amara, Kade seemed to have something on his mind too.

"Do you like him?" Kade asked.

"Who?" Amara frowned.

"The boy Paulie fancies," Kade replied.

Amara smiled; she felt it was the perfect moment to tease him. She leaned in closer to him, her face almost touching his.

"Are you jealous?" She asked with a smirk.

Kade felt unamused by her teasing, he grabbed her hair and pulled a little, a quiet moan escaped Amara's lips. He knew she was somewhat masochistic.

"I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you, and you toy with me," Kade said with a stern voice.

Amara loved it when he spoke to her like that, and he was the only one that could. She thought for a second, then smiled.

"I'm sorry, daddy," Amara said, looking quite smug.

Kade let a growl leave his throat, and he tugged on her hair harder, he leaned in and whispered, "if you're going to act like a brat, I'm going to treat you like one."

Her eyes widened, she just wanted to tease him, she didn't think it would go further than that. He noticed her sudden change of heart and pushed her back on the couch, then sat on top of her. Amara felt nervous about what was going to happen next. He took her hands and pinned them above her head with one hand.

"What are you doing?" Amara asked.

He ignored her question and smirked, then he traced his hand up and down her side, making her feel tingly. Her mind went wild with what he was going to next. She relished his touch, then his hand made its way up to her armpits and started tickling her.

"No, no, no!" Amara cried with laughed.

He let go of her hands and used his other hand to tickle her too.

"Please stop!" Amara begged between laughs.

Amara clung onto the couch and pulled herself up, but he brought her back and tickled her from behind. She bent over and tried to get away. She laughed so much she couldn't breathe. Then, they heard a small cough from the living room door. They looked up to see Paulie.

"I wanted some water," Paulie said.

"Oh, I'll get it for you!" Amara jumped from Kade's grip.

With bright red cheeks, Amara walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water for Paulie, she walked back into the living room and handed her the glass. Paulie then turned to leave but stopped.

"I'm sorry about today," Paulie said.

"Don't worry about it," Amara replied.

With that, Paulie went upstairs to bed. Amara looked over at Kade and smiled, feeling a little embarrassed, but she was happy to have made up with Paulie.

________________

A/N: WHEEEEEEE! Chapter 2!!! Waaahhhhhh, I can't believe I gets to finally share my works on here! I'm still so excited omggsss sheheheheh<3 if you likes it so far, don't forgets to loves all over it, comments, follows and add to reading list! Thankies for reading!

1108 words