Chapter 6

-Mathew POV-
She was so calm while she was sleeping. She seems  happy. I couldn't help it and I watch her during her sleep. In the middle of the night she turned around and put her head on my chest and her hand was on my waist. I put my hand on her back so I could stroke her. I wanted her to feel safe. After what happened in that club. I was so angry at the guy. And even more after he punched Tessa. I wanted to punch him back but Tessa was so scared that I couldn't leave her there.
When my memory went back to this situation I looked at Tessa's face and was angry again. How could I let that happen? The nose was turning purple a little.
Tessa is still asleep and I need to go to my training and her phone buzzed so much.
I grabbed the phone and saw name Natalie.
I picked up.
Oh my god Tessa. Where the hell are you?!
Hey. Natalie. I am Mat. I—...
What?! Who the heck are you?! Give Tessa the phone!
Natalie wait. Let me explain.
Okay. Go ahead.
I am Mat from New York islanders. We met at the restaurant where you and Tess work by the bathroom. I was at the club and there was some jackass and he punched Teresa. She didn't know the address so I took her to my place.
Oh my god! Is she okay? This sounds little suspicious. But i think i can trust you. Were you at the bar with your friends?
Yes she's asleep. Anthony should be there somewhere. But it is not important. Natalie i will drop Teresa at your work tomorrow. I have to meet there with guys from team before training. Just go to sleep okay?
I don't know Mathew. I am nervous. She doesn't know it here in New York.
Just trust me okay Nat. Go to sleep. Goodnight.
I hang up and went back to sleep.
I woke up and saw Teresa still so close to me. I slowly moved her and went to take a shower.
......
After I got her out of the pool I tightened the grip on her waist and draw her closer to me. She was looking into my eyes through her lashes like innocent girl. But I know that deep down in her there is not so much innocence as she is trying to show.
I want to kiss her so badly. But I wouldn't do it without her permission.
"Mathew I..."
The two things she said was enough I leaned to her and the doorbell rang.
I took her hand and we went to the door. I was so pissed that I didn't realize she is going behind me like a puppy.
"Fuck." I mumble. And then I just heard her chuckle.
I opened the door with Tess behind me and I saw really pissed Natalie and Beau scared to death.
"Hey. Sorry bro. She went nuts at the bar and then at her work and made me to take her here even though I don't know what is happening." I looked at Natalie and then at Beau.
"Yeah okay cut this bullshit. Tessa?!" Natalie pushed me to the house and all i  could do is to look at her with my eyes wide open."
"Tessa! Where are you?! Where is she?!" Natalie stormed at me.

I thought she is behind me but she appeared in the doors of my bedroom in my hoodie and sweatpants. I just stared at her and so did Beau. When I saw him I punched him.
"Hey!" He shouted.
"Teresa! Oh my god! I am so sorry." - "Are you okay?" Natalie ran to her and hugged her.
"Yeah. I am okay." She smiled with a pain in her eyes.
"Oh my god. That is what he was talking about." She wanted to touch her nose but stopped.
Tessa looked confused.
"What? Who?"
"I did. Natalie called you about million times during the night. So i picked the phone and told her."
"Oh. Okay." She smiled and looked at me.

-Tess POV-

I was so confused but happy to see Nat. I hope my nose will not be a problem at work.
"Okay. I need to shower and prepare to work." I broke the silence.
"You can shower here. I need to get dressed and pack my stuff to training." Mat answered me after another weird silence in the room. I went to shower and prepare myself. I couldn't find my clothes anywhere so I stepped out of the bathroom in towel hoping Mat will not be there. I looked around in the doors of the bathroom to make sure. Okay no one here.
I searched for my clothes but nothing.
"Hey your clothes is still wet.." Mat came to the room and I stood there still.
"Oh I am sorry. I should have knocked first" He turned around. And scratched bottom of his neck.
"As I was saying. Your clothes is still wet so you can go in the clothes you wore before the shower." Mat said still standing back to me. "Oh,okay. But you didn't have to wash my clothes."