Chapter 1 - The Hot Chocolate Tradition

Hey guys so this is my first chapter to Loving You Two? I hope you guys like it! Yes I know it is short but that is because it is the first chapter and I was having difficulties starting it but its all good now! Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1- The Hot Chocolate Tradition

        I looked outside to the slight bit of frost covering my window pane. Today was the first day of winter and I could already feel my toes curl with excitement for the hot chocolate that Theo had promised me. I grabbed my gloves off my nightstand and quickly skipped out of my room and down the stairs to my awaiting mother.

        “Off to get your hot chocolate?” she asked as she flipped through her newspaper while sipping on her coffee. She threw me a small smile, taking a moment to look up from her article on electric or gas fireplaces to take in my expression.

        “Yes,” I replied happily. “He better not be late because I can not afford to miss first period, I have a major math test that is waiting for me.” I walked over and kissed her on the cheek before slipping on my uggs just as a low honk blew from the other side of the door. “That’s my cew!”

        “Be safe these roads are slick today!” she called out just as I closed the door.

        I shivered in delight as I ran to the awaiting car; my best friend sitting there with a big smile on his face. He looked as handsome as ever and I didn’t know how lucky I was to recieve a best friend as awesome as him. “I am ready to drink my chocolaty goodness.”

        “I think I might make you pay this time.” he joked as he reversed out of the driveway. “You know the prices have gone up and I don’t think I can afford to fulfill your chocolate addiction every winter.” His eyes twinkled as he sent me a side look, his arm slung lazily over the steering wheel.

        “I wouldn’t call it an addiction,” I drawled out. “More like a slight obsession… there is a fine line between the two.” I looked around at all the christmas decorations already being set up, the same little decorations that brought pleasure to the town folk that filled this joyful little place. I had lived in this town since the day I was born and the same thing every year never bothered me because it was those little details that would bring me happiness later on in life when I finally did leave.

        “Slight my butt,” he mumbled as the sound of his blinker turning on filled the car. His old beat up truck slowed down to a crawl as he waited his turn to pull into the parking lot of Sal’s Coffee Shop. Theo was always so calm about everything and nothing seemed to faze him, he was in complete control over everything. President of the student body, captain of the soccer team, top of the class, and even popular with the ladies. Yet even though he had it all he still chose to be with me, the ordinary girl with average grades and semi good at sports.

        “Would you stop joking my chocolate addiction and find a parking spot already,” I laughed as I gave him a playful shove.