Chapter 4 - Christmas Decorating

Merry Christmas was plastered all over the school the next morning when we arrived at school. I couldn’t help but let my jaw drop at the sight of all the red and green that was covering the hallways; it was like christmas had thrown up in the school. Ornaments were hung up on each locker and mistletoe was covering every inch of the hallway roof which made it impossible to escape getting that kiss. Those red christmas flowers, Poinsettias, covered the floor along with christmas tree needles. The funny thing was that the flowers matched the beat red face of the principal storming out of his office.

Mr. Mach should have been named Ebenezer Scrooge because he despised the holiday and everyone that had anything to do with it. Basically he hated the whole town and with that came the life of solitude in his little house on the corner of “I need to take a chill pill” road. “Seniors in the auditorium now!”

He began grabbing the decorations in his hands and chucked them into the nearest trash can. He looked like he could have steam coming out of his ears as he pulled two students away from each other as they lip lock in front of him. He pointed to the chairs outside of his office and made a motion for the lower classmen to get comfortable while he yelled at us. “PDA is prohibited on campus, anyone caught doing it will have three weeks detention!”

I looked over at Theo who was fighting back a laugh; his face red from the strain. “Who do you think would do this?” I motioned to all the stuff while picking up one of the little red flowers in my hands, smiling down at it. Red was my favorite color and the sight of this little Poinsettia had my mood brightened just a little. “I love these flowers…”

“That explains why your house is always covered with them during Christmas. I personally find them overused, so many people have these flowers and it gets annoying to see.” He frowned at the plant in my hand and plucked a ornament off a locker. “Now you can never get tired of seeing green.”

I rolled my eyes and shuffled through the door that was being held open. “Than-”

“Did you like my Christmas decorating?” Foster asked with a half smile.

“You did this?” I asked in surprise. “Wait why should I be surprised, you have the bad boy reputation to maintain. I do love the decorations though, especially these flowers... “ I looked over my shoulder to all the flowers laying on the ground. “Where did you get all of them?”

He let out a small chuckle, “I do not divulge my secrets.” He let go of the door when I made it all the way through and the sound of an thump came from behind me. Theo had been walking through the door at that time and Foster must have noticed it.

“Watch it idiot,” Theo practically growled as he walked through the door. When he noticed how close Foster was to me he wedged himself between us, a glare on his face. “What do you think you are doing James?”

“I think I am talking to Alexandra,” he shot back with a matching glare. “Who do you think you are, her guard dog?” He pushed Theo in the chest and looked him up and down as though he was not impressed with how built Theo was. Of course that didn’t really matter because Foster had almost the same build as Theo did.