Chapter 4

A/N: Thank you everyone for the votes and comments! It's been over a year since I've even thought about this story but I will continue to add to it, albeit in sporadic chapters as I am really bad at staying on a schedule with deadlines. I hope you keep enjoying the story and the next time I update, the Prologue and Chapter 5 will be posted so stay tuned for that. I apologize for the shortness of this chapter. 

Have a great day and happy 4th of July for my American readers!

Blue plasma crackled against the night sky, the sound of panic filling the chilly Blyzzerk. (Y/N) and Hiccup rushed out of the healer hut to see the chaos unfolding in the center of the village. "Toothless!" The black dragon fought against the northern vikings as they threw ropes, trying to wrangle the rampaging creature. He raised his head to look at Hiccup, letting out a call and evading any attempts to capture him as he made his way to his rider.

A rope net was thrown when Toothless reached Hiccup, the dragon turning his head and letting off a plasma blast. It popped and ate away at the rope, a sound akin to the crack of thunder coming from the collision. The vikings ducked for cover, (Y/N) staring in awe before cowering at the sound that followed. An echoing roar, sounding like many voices yelling at once, caused the ground to shake from the force of the noise. Toothless coiled protectively around the brunette snarling at the sea shore nearby.

(Y/N) approached the duo on shaky limbs, Tuffnut wrapped in a fur cloak coming out to investigate the ruckus followed by Frida. The woman pulled her (H/C) out of her face and pointed at a shape in the water. "That is She..." A spiney fin, like a webbed spikey duck foot on the back of a dolphin, raised above the water. It flexed and contracted like a beating heart before slipping beneath the icey waves. "And what you heard was her warning call. She dislikes loud noise, hence why we don't have many holidays."

Toothless stood beside Hiccup, growling and baring his teeth before shaking himself free of snow. Tuffnut watched with wide eyes as the water settled, becoming calm once more. "That... is... so cool! Hiccup! You have to tame it!" (Y/N) looked at him in confusion, "Tame She?" Tuffnut nodded enthusiastically, practically bouncing in place as he pulled the fur cloak tighter around himself. "Yeah! If anybody could do it, it's Hiccup! He tamed a Night Fury, the most dangerous dragon known to viking kind back on Berk."

Hiccup shook his head, patting the black dragon's head. "I'd hardly call Toothless "dangerous". Misunderstood, yes, but not dangerous." Toothless growled out in warning, glaring up at his rider underneath the affectionate pats he was receiving. Frida stepped forward, placing a hand on Tuffnut's shoulder and pulling him back, slowly guiding him towards the igloo. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd suggest we go back inside. You two aren't dressed for the cold and I don't think your dragon would appreciate being outside for too long." As if on cue, Toothless gave a full body shiver, curling his tail in around his body and nodding in agreement.

(Y/N) nodded, following Frida with Hiccup and Toothless trailing behind. Frida glanced behind her. "Oh, and the rest of your friends are waking up, the loud one with black hair is very annoying." Hiccup sighed, shaking his head. "That'd be Snotlout..." The four entered, Toothless barely fitting through the entrance and everyone let out a contented sigh as warmth engulfed them. A blonde in blue clothing glanced up from her bowl of soup and seemed to light up as Hiccup drew closer with Toothless in tow. Her expression turned sour soon after.

"What have you gotten us into this time, Hiccup?"