yamaguchi t. / dream

"Hey, Yamaguchi!"

He turns his back to see the [h/c] jumping up and down. She was excited because she was going to his volleyball practice. She was worried that his teammates wouldn't let her, but Yamaguchi calmed her down.

"Are your teammates nice?"

Yamaguchi laughed, "Sort of, I was scared of some at first, but they're nice people."

The two reached the gym, hearing everyone inside practicing. [y/n] was scared, but still she continued to walk along side Yamaguchi.

"Sorry I'm late!"

Everyone turned to Yamaguchi and a girl standing behind him. Nishinoya and Tanaka ran straight to the girl, but Daichi stopped them. Hinata stared in awe, thinking she was going to become a manager. The rest of the team either didn't care or was still practicing.

"H-h-h-hi!" Hinata was stuttering badly.

"Hi?" [y/n] said back.

Soon after all the introductions, the team had a practice match. [y/n] was sitting beside Yachi, since she could think about how she would look next to the other manager (not that she thought she looked any better next Yachi). Yachi decided to try to make [y/n] feel a little more comfortable.

"So, why did you come to the gym?"

"I just wanted to see what my friend did for his club."

Yachi smiled, "You're friends with Yamaguchi-kun, right?"

[y/n] replied, "Yep!"

"So are you friends with Tsukishima-kun as well?"

"Actually, no...."

Yachi was a little confused on why [y/n] wouldn't be friends with him, seeing as she was friends with his best friend. Yachi decided to ask a different question.

"Do you like volleyball?"

[y/n] hesitated for a second, "Yes..."

Yachi could hear in [y/n]'s voice that she was uncomfortable talking about it. Yachi went back to recording the results, leaving [y/n] alone.

[y/n] cheered for Yamaguchi from time to time, making him smile. At the end of the practice, Yamaguchi decided to walk [y/n] home, instead of walking with Tsukishima. Before they reached [y/n]'s home, she stopped.

It was slightly raining, and the sun was about to set. [y/n] was scared, scared of what he would say. Yamaguchi turned back to ask why she stopped why [y/n] rushed up to him and kissed him.

His cheeks went bright red, same with [y/n]. She backed away. There was a silence and awkward tension between them. That's when [y/n] started to talk.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't really thinking..!"

Yamaguchi watched in awe as [y/n] started to apologize to him. He waited until [y/n] looked up to kiss her again. She was surprised, but gave in.

"Does this mean we're dating...?"

[y/n] nodded her head in response. Yamaguchi hugged her tightly for a few minutes before they continued on to her house. When they got there, they exchanged numbers. They decided to keep their relationship secret, feeling a little too embarrassed to share it with anyone else.

[y/n] landed on her soft bed, feeling so happy that her confession didn't get rejected. That's when she heard a sound.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

[y/n] got up and looked around. She couldn't find the source of the sound. That when she closed her eyes for a moment and woke up on her bed.

She looked around and saw her alarm clock. It had 8:45 AM on the screen. She looked up to her roof, then quickly realized that all of that was a dream. She was so mad at herself, then she looked at her alarm. 8:50 AM. She quickly got up, realizing that she was going to be late thanks to her dream.

Maybe that dream will come true someday..