21 days before

21 days before

Summer. About fucking time.

With all his finals completed, Tom was spending his free time at home. Sitting still for over ten minutes now.

"Stand still. I can't draw you if you're moving, Tom." 

"Sorry." Tom said quietly, shifting his folded legs underneath him and glancing down at his white sheets. "Up here." 

"Sorry-"

"Stop apologizing." Tord giggled. He held his sketchbook infront of him, comparing his drawing to the real thing. "Almost done.." Tord whispered to himself, chewing on the end of his pencil as he examined his work. Then, with a few more details, and a pinch of eraser marks, he was finished, and soon held his sketchbook towards Tom. Before him was a surprisingly well drawn portrait of his person, sitting cross legged as he was. "Wow! This is really good!" Tom said with a grin that reached his ears. Tord smiled back. "I'm glad you like it, I've been practicing." Tord winked and passed his sketchbook to Tom. "Your turn." 

Tom sat in silence for a moment and stared down at the sketchbook before slowly taking it. "I can't draw all that well, and definitely not as good as you can-" 

"That doesn't matter, just try your best. Draw me." Tom gulped before taking the pencil in his hand and flipping the book to a blank page. Tord sat in front of him like he was, legs crossed, but this time Tord had his hands intertwined and resting on his lap. Looking down at the clean page almost scared Tom, how is he supposed to draw something as perfect as Tord? 

"Draw me like one of your french boys." Tord said in a low voice, making Tom blush and glare down at the paper as he started to sketch. "Stop." Tord only laughed at Tom's embarrassed expression and held his pose.

Tord never realized how hard it was to keep still. The fact that he wasn't allowed to move only made him want to move more, and his legs were on fire from being stuck in the same position. "Are you done yet?" Tord asked, causing Tom to look up. "You've asked that like five times now, shut your face." Tom chuckled and looked back down at the paper, dragging the pencil across the grain. Tord sat there for another few minutes before Tom finally finished.

"Okay, no laughing." Tom hesitantly turned the sketchbook towards Tord, taking a deep breath and hiding his face behind the black hard cover.

The drawing was… Different. Well, maybe different isn't the right word.

Bad. It was bad.

Trying not to break the unspoken promise, Tord held in his laughter and slapped his palm over his mouth to keep himself quiet. "I-it's good-" Tord sniggered, making Tom look up from behind the book with furrowed eyebrows. "You're not fooling anyone, I know it's bad."

Those were the few words that sent Tord over the edge, bursting into laughter and leaning forward with his hand on his chest. It only took him a moment to let the outburst subside. And soon enough Tord took the sketchbook and held it beside his face. "Would you still love me if I looked like this?" Said Tord, looking at the grade four art project scribble and then back at Tom again. "Yes-" Tom said with a huff. "Really? Like, really?" 

"I'm going to hurt you."

"I'd like to see you try." 

Before Tord could say anything else, Tom lunged at him full force and crashed into him. The sudden impact knocking a faint yelp out of Tord, and the sketchbook flying out of his hands and onto the floor. As his back collided with the mattress Tom grabbed the wrists of the poor stunned boy and pinned them to the bed just above his head. 

"T-that's foul play!" Tord squeaked. "I warned you didn't I?" Tom said with a smirk. Tord glanced down at the position he was in. Pinned to the bed by his wrists, Tom hovering over him between his legs, all kinds of thoughts running through his head. "Get off me you ass-" Tord could feel his face getting hotter, and was hoping Tom wouldn't notice. "Swearing? I thought you of all people would know better."