17 days before

17 days before

The house was silent. A peaceful kind of silent. The kind of silence that was more soothing than eerie. Then again, Tom's house was always more or less pretty quiet. His parents were usually gone at work, and Tom was either reading or spending most of his time at Tord's house.

It was early. The house filled with the sounds of songbirds from outside the windows and beams of soft morning sunlight. Tom and Tord were still holding each other in a dead sleep, their legs wound together like thread. Tord shifted momentarily his sleep, his messy bedridden hair moving along the pillow. Tom was holding him loosely, one arm lying under his head against the pillow and another resting over his torso. It was peaceful, quiet. And completely and utterly calm.

That is it was. Until Tom's alarm began to fill the room with some sort of lively tune. The song rang and rang, leading to a groan coming from a tired and disturbed Tord. "Turn it off.." He muttered, his eyes still shut to hide from the brightly lit window. Tom let out a tired moan as he turned and reached out for his alarm clock, patting it repeatedly before finally finding the snooze button and silencing the music. His eyes opened as he looked up at the glowing red numbers. 8:01am. Tom sighed and sat up slowly, Tord's arms sliding down from his sides.

"Nooo..." Tord whined while trying to pull at Tom's button up shirt. "Come back... I wanna cuddle, It's cold..." Tom chuckled and leaned down to kiss him on the forehead, making his eyes flutter open and look up at him with a tired glance. "Time to get up, sleepyhead.." Tom smiled, pushing Tord's unkempt hair from his face.

Tord sighed and sat up, groaning as he stretched his arms over his head. "My parents won't be home for a bit, you want to get some breakfast?"

"Yes please.." Tord said softly, sliding out of the covers and onto the edge of the bed. Tom smiled gently and inched over until he was seated next to him, kissing Tord on the cheek while he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

Tord didn't feel like getting properly dressed, considering he was too tired to even stand for more than a minute. He looked up from his half eaten bagel as Tom entered the room. "I put your clothes in the dryer, they'll be done in about forty minutes."

"Thanks.." Tord smiled, taking another bite from his warm buttered bagel and yawning. "You okay?" Tom asked, walking over and sitting next to Tord at the island. "You look exhausted."

"I don't know, I just don't feel all that great."

"Maybe you have a cold or something."

"Maybe." Tord took another bite, chewing as Tom stood up from the spinning seat and went around him towards his back to wrap his arms around Tord's waist, just on the rim of his boxers. Tord smiled softly and turned his head around to look at him, giggling quietly as Tom kissed his neck. "I love you." He purred, Tord sighing with a grin. "I love you too." He responded in a yawn.

After the laundry was done, Tom brought the pile of warm clean clothes to the living room, setting them down on the couch beside the tired Tord. "You should keep that."

"Hm?" Tord looked up confused. "That shirt, I never really wear it. Plus it looks good on you." Tom smiled as Tord looked down at Tom's shirt that he was wearing, slowly smirking and meeting his eyes again. "Oh, thank you. I mean I was gonna steal it anyway but," Tord continued, standing up next to Tom. "I appreciate th--" Tord suddenly stumbled back, falling onto the couch and back into the sitting position.

"Whoa, you okay?-" Tom crouched down with a conserved expression, holding onto Tord's shoulders as he held his head.

"Yeah, I just.. Got really dizzy for a moment-"