Christmas

Ashton: 4

Luke: 3

It's Christmas day but Luke forgot to get Ashton a present.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Ashton get back here with my bra!"

Ashton squealed with giggles as he ran around the house, his hands raised above his head with his chubby little fingers clutching a black bra.

His eyes sparkled with happiness and his curly hair bounced everywhere, including in his eyes and he crashed into a wall.

His mom caught up to him and picked him up by his foot. She snatched it back and stuck her tongue in Ashton's face. "I win."

Ashton whimpered and tried to grab it back. "Uhn, ugh, Mo-Mo! Gimme! Give Ashy!"

"No! My bra! Mine!" She was just glad she had grabbed her robe before running after her son as the windows were open and their neighbors were giving her mean looks.

Probably cause all the blood had rushed to Ashton's head and he was swaying slightly, looking a little sick.

She waved to them, to show everything was alright. But a second later her hand was holding nothing and she heard a thump on the floor beside her.

Her neighbors eyes went wide.

She looked down and saw she had dropped Ashton. Again.

Ashton stared up at her with stunned eyes. "Mo-Mo....why?"

"Shush, you're okay." She picked him up. "Not a word of this to your father."

"Just want Luke." Ashton mumbled and sighed, leaning backwards, out of her arms.

Mrs. Irwin gasped and barely managed to catch him. "Calm down child! You'll see him later. Do you have his present?"

Ashton nodded. "Got him good present!"

"Can I do your hair today?" She asked as she set him in front of the mirror in the bathroom.

Ashton looked at her through the glass. "No bows!"

She glared. "Fine." She brushed his hair straight, but it just bounced back curly.

She sighed. "This is a sign. He's gay."

She suddenly brightened and screamed loudly, startling Ashton so bad he fell off the chair.

He burst out in tears. "Mo-Mo! Whyyy?"

"Shush, you're okay. Not a word of this to your father." She set him back in front of the mirror and brushed his hair.

-

It was noon by the time Mr. Irwin came home and they left for Luke's house to celebrate Christmas.

Ashton held Luke's present in his arms rather stiffly. It was as big as him, and he ended up placing it beside his car seat because he was too small to hold it any longer.

They pulled into Luke's driveway and Ashton kicked his feet in excitement. "See Lukey! Go see Ashton's Lukey!"

Mrs. Irwin carried him inside while his dad grabbed the present.

Liz met them at the door and let them in.

The house was decorated festively and you could smell what was baking in the oven.

Mr. Irwin put the present by the tree and Ashton toddled to the kitchen, where Luke was eating cookies in his high chair.

Ashton smiled and sat down, staring admiringly up at Luke.