Chapter 5 - Father

" You're awake" asked Fa Lijing.

" Father?" call Fa Liyan. He was surprised, was his father still alive?

" Hurry up, wash your face." said Fa Linjing again. But Fa Liyan was shocked.

" Why are you here, father?" Fa Liyan asked.

" Why can't I be here. This is our home. I must come back here." Fa Liyan looks around. Yes, this is his house. Before the robber came to steal his father's sword.

" How can I be here?" asked Fa Liyan.

" I brought you back, you fell down of the cliff . Look at your torn shoes, let me sew them."

Fa Liyan cried, he hugged his father. "Father, I misses you."

" Why? You just played outside for a while. It didn't even take an hour." Fa Linjing examines Fa Liyan's entire body, looking for whether Fa Liyan is injured or hit his head.

" Do you still keep the sword?" ask Fa Linjing

" Yes, father." 

" Keep it safe, it's your mother heirloom."

" I promise I'll keep it safe."

"Well, go rest now. I went out to town to buy groceries. You must be hungry."

" Father, please don't leave Liyan!" shouted Fa Liyan as he reached out his hand.

" My son, I'll never leave your side." Fa Liyan was surprised. His father suddenly turned into a skeleton. His hand held tightly by the hand of the skeleton. He is in pain.

" Father?" 

" My son, I'm bitter and resentful. Please! Take vengeance against them for me."

" I promise father, I'll killed them all."

" My son, please destroy them to their roots"

" I promise, father." 

"Father! Father!" shouted Fa Liyan, he reach out  his hand. His father disappeared.

____________________________________________________________

" Liyan, what's wrong with you? You're screaming?" asked Xu Junhao.

" My father left me, my father ......." Fa Liyan said while crying. Xu Junhao hugged Fa Liyan.

" Are you dreaming of your father?" asked Xu Junhao. " Stop crying, you're safe with me here." said Xu Junhao. He wiped Fa Liyan tears.

" Master, I want to get revenge for my father, I don't think I can wait for any minute." 

" Liyan, you can take revenge for your father, but not now." said Xu Junhao

" Why, master"

" You're still not good enough. Also, you're still young. Just.."

" What else, master?"

" When I say you're ready, then you can go, now you're still angry. You need to control your feelings. You know anger is the cause of defeat. I let you practice here for a long time so you can control your anger. If you can't control your anger, you will not be able to defeat your enemies."

" Master, didn't you even want revenge ? You told me to promise to you to get revenge for you. Did you forget?"

" Forget? How can I forget." Xu Junhao brought tears to his eyes. " Get up, I've prepare you breakfast. Go eat before go to market."

Xu Junhao went to backyard. Xu Junhao helped Fa Liyan load his merchandise on the cart.

" Yinglong, how can he says I forget my grudge, I never forget." said Xu Junhao, he give his horse an apple. Yinglong just watching Xu Junhao, as he understand what is Xu Junhao saying.

" Master, I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm talking about." said Fa Liyan who suddenly appeared from behind. 

" Oh, never mind." I wouldn't take to heart." said Xu Junhao.

" Master, who do you hold grudges against?" Fa Liyan is curious. His master never told him anything.

" Me? With humans."

" Uh?" Fa Liyan was shocked.

" At first I wanted to kill you but I could not kill, there was a curse around me, I would be in pain if I killed. Do you remember the 2 robbers who were after you?" Fa Liyan nodded.

" I can hurt them, the time I tried to pierce their heart with my hands, I feel like my heart is bound with a fiery iron cord. It hurts a lot. you probably didn't notice that I was in the middle of holding back pain." Xu Junhao smiled.

" That's why I made a promise with you. I can't kill them, but you can. I'm helping you by teaching you martial arts. In return you will be the one who help me." Fa Liyan just listen to what Xu Junhao saying.

" It funny isn't it? I'm a nine tail demon fox, but I'm asking for human help to kill the humans."

" Do you hate humans?" asked Fa Liyan

" Yes, except you, and there is another."

" Who?" Fa Liyan is curious. Who that person is. Is it the same person Xu Junhao is waiting for?

" Never mind, don't be busybody, get ready for the market. We just buy Yinglong, not cheap." Xu Junhao said, seeing a lot of demand for wood and vegetables, he bought a horse to help Fa Liyan carrying all the merchandise in the cart to the market. 

Fa Liyan is disappointed, he wants to know more. He loved hearing stories from Xu Junhao.

" If you're lazy. I'll cook your meat," said Xu Junhao to Yinglong. 

" Master, didn't you said that Yinglong is a family? How can we eat a family." said Fa Liyan. Xu Junhao laughed.

" Go!" Xu Junhao pushed Fa Liyan away. Then, he just watched Fa Liyan went out with Yinglong.

" How are you now, Li fei?" said Xu Junhao while watching the dark cloud.