Chapter 1

Bellatrix sat alone in her classroom, bottle of whiskey on her desk and a glass in her hand.
She leaned back in her chair, inhaling deeply and closing her eyes. She could of married that french blonde woman, Penelope who declared her love for in front of everyone, they could be living a happy life in France. Possibly even have some children, and grow old together until they eventually die. But no, she refused her and here she was, stuck in Hogwarts teaching insufferable children, with even more insufferable staff and her only friends (apart from Sybil and Severus) are the bottles of whiskey that occupy her chamber shelves. Ah yes, her life was a bundle of the utmost joy.

Lessons were over, meaning Bellatrix was yet again left alone with her friends.
She brought the glass to her lips and downed the liquid, enjoying the burning sensation that filled her throat.

After a moment the woman sighs, sitting up she reaches for the papers she needed to mark.
Filling her glass up with more whiskey, she then began to mark away.

***

Bellatrix sat in her seat at the Professor's table, her usual seat directly next to where the Minerva Mcgonagall, deputy headmistress, the head of Gryffindor house and despite her stern and no nonsense exterior the woman has the heart the size of this entire castle.
Not to mention the reason for Bellatrix's drinking problem.
Ah yes, she was the reason behind why Bellatrix drunk in the first place. She's the reason Bellatrix turned into an alcoholic. She's also the reason why Bellatrix isn't currently living in France with a beautiful blonde girl who absolutely adored her. She's the reason Bellatrix is stuck in this hell hole. She's the reason Bellatrix no longer wants to live.

And she's also completely oblivious to all of the above.

The large doors to the hall open widely as the woman herself walks in. Bellatrix's eyes instantly focus on the woman as she saunters up the hall of tables. A look of pure disgust was evident on Bellatrix's face as Minerva approached.
"Good afternoon Bellatrix." Minerva said as she took her seat beside the witch.
Bellatrix scoffs.
"It was until you showed up."
Minerva rolls her eyes as she did every time Bellatrix found the need to be rude to her, being so used to it by now she didn't even bother to bite back.

Truth be told it still hurt, it still hurts as much now as it did then, but she'd be damned to let Bellatrix see that, she'd be damned if she allowed Bellatrix to see that the words that left her blood coloured lips actually cut deep into Minerva's heart and remained there for years to come.
Minerva never understood why Bellatrix hated her so, she had always been nice to the woman, but gave up when she realised being nice wouldn't get her anywhere. So instead she continued to remain civil with her, well as civil as she could, give or take a few heated discussions here or there and the odd insulting match every now and again.

"You know, it really wouldn't hurt you to at least try to be civil with me." Minerva doesn't make any effort to look at the raven haired witch as she spoke, instead she adjusted her napkin then reached for her glass of water.
"No, you're right." This caught the woman's attention. Her blue eyes landed on the pale face of Bellatrix.
"It wouldn't hurt me physically per-say , but mentally, It would feel as though I've been chained upside down to a tree, my heart torn from my body, then left to bleed out." Bellatrix finally looks at the woman beside her.
"Frankly Minerva, there's more chance of me marrying Lockhart and bearing his children." And with that Bellatrix stood up abruptly and left the hall, her long black robes billowing behind her, leaving Minerva staring after her.

Minerva no longer felt hungry, however hurt was definitely something she did feel, along with anger. That definitely hurt Minerva more than she'd care to admit, but once again she put on a smile and began a discussion with the rest of her colleagues.