Ch. 1

I said it again. I repeated Silas's name. I called for Nathan. I pleaded with Kota. I repeated their names over and over because I didn't know who I could reach out to. In my desperate state, I needed someone. Anyone.

The drug that Jade had forced down my throat worked through my body. Words echoed in my mind. It was something Mr. Blackbourne said so long ago. "A strong fever that lasts for about ten hours, heavy vomiting, with delusions and paranoia."

Now I was alone. Restrained with IV in my arm, and it itched. I was in my mother's room. My fake mother's bedroom.

Sang Sorenson.

I thought the name and then lost it, because I didn't feel like myself anymore.

Then I suddenly did. For a moment, I was the old Sang.

Invisible.

Silenced.

Forgotten.

With those words, my eyes finally closed.

The creak of the door didn't surprise me. Some part of me thought it might be Gabriel. Maybe he finally showed up. Was he going to wash my hair? Another thought was that it might be Nathan. Did he come back from an Academy job? Mr. Blackbourne was going to ground me again because I was really tired now.

I was in my mother's room, but couldn't remember why.

Fingers wove through my hair.

"Gab..." I started to say.

The fingers snagged, and wrenched my head to the side, yanking some strands out. My face was shoved against a pillow.

I screamed, but no sound came out. I reached up, my arms snagged against restraints. I clawed at the bed and my nails met with an arm and sank into flesh. Flashes of Mr. McCoy and Jade swept through my mind. I looked up, expecting them, but it was Mr. Griffin's eyes that met mine. Harsh and ruthless.

"No..." I started to cry out, but my voice failed.

"Fucking whore," he screamed. He cupped his hand over his arm. There were cuts on his face, and his cheek had been stitched. Part of his head was shaved, with more stitches showing.

How did he get in here? I scrambled to get up, but was still tied down.

A hand collided with my mouth. The sting radiated from a single point where my lip split, and spread throughout my mouth until my bones rattled together. I blinked hard. My arms wrenched against the restraints to protect myself, but I was only pulling my joints apart, The tethers held; I was helpless.

"I told you to stay out of my house!"

When did he get back? I slid backward, trying to draw myself up and away from him. Where was Kota? Or Nathan?

I arched my body up, pulling as much as I could. A hand landed hard against my stomach, pushing me back down. I bucked against it, twisting, trying to get away.

"I found your clothes. Think you can move in?" His pitch rose. His fist flew at me, catching me in the shoulder. He pulled it back and knocked me in the side of the head. "Did he tie you up? Is this some sick, twisted thing you do?"

There was a tug at my arm. Liquid splashed on my skin. A spot burned. The IV stand clattered to the ground.

"Didn't think I would find you?" he bellowed. "I saw them all running from the house, going to Erica. I knew you were here. Stay out of my house. Stay away from Nathan." He gripped my shoulders, shaking me.

Anger flooded through me. Sheer hate. He hit Nathan. All I could see was him hitting Nathan repeatedly in the head. I could almost imagine little Nathan as a kid, being beaten, watching his mother get beaten. I fought. As hard as I could, kicking out with my legs, keeping him away from me, fighting him for Nathan.

I landed a kick against his flesh. Mr. Griffin's screams increased and became unrecognizable words. He cupped his inner thigh where I'd kicked him.

I wasn't done yet. All that came to my mind was what Nathan showed me. Fight them. Fight them until they're down and you can get away.

I cried out and snarled and yanked my body, trying to get out of my restraints. I wasn't just fighting him. I was hitting Jade. I was hitting Mr. McCoy. I hated them all so much. My stepmother hated me, but she was sick and was treated horribly by my father. She had an excuse. For the first time, I felt everything she was trying to tell me before was true. The world was a horrible place, with horrible people and it was best to lock yourself away.

He landed on me hard. Mr. Griffin held down my shoulders. His knees bit into my thighs. He was screaming at me, and he slapped my head. Then his hands moved around my throat.

His eyes landed on me, his expression changed from anger to something that made my stomach twist. I looked down at myself. My shirt had ridden up until it was bunched under my breasts. The button on my shorts had popped open, showing my pink underwear. His hands loosened around my throat. Keeping a hand on my throat, his other hand came out to grab my chin. His eyes gleamed. "You're sharing with my son and his friends, aren't you, whore? I think it's time to take my share since you're basically living in my house."

As his face came down towards mine, I closed my eyes in horror. My mind screamed for Kota. Nathan. Silas or Luke. Anyone. Please, someone help me. Please.

Hey! Welcome to my new book. This chapter comes from C. L. Stone's Book Push & Shove but I changed a few paragraphs for my book. I hope you guys enjoy it! Comment about anything because I love it when I hear feedback. 

love, Azallya