ch. 5

North POV

I failed her. I promised to protect her but I failed. Now she was gone. Her words stabbed me. She loved me. She trusted me. She put all of herself in us, yet what did we do? We left her unprotected. Then she made sure that we wouldn't be able to protect her again.

I lost my Sang Baby.

Tears ran down my cheeks, and a sob tore through my throat. Then I did something that I've never done before. I broke.

Silas POV

Agelle Mou. Memories of our time together swirled around my head. The times I made her laugh. When I had her in my arms. When her arms wrapped around my neck in a trusting embrace.

My heart cracked. They were just memories. They were no longer things that I could do. I could no longer see her smile or her eyes that lit up at my corny jokes. I could no longer pull her to my side because she was no longer with me.

The sounds of my brother crying had the tears that had gathered in my eyes finally fall.

Victor POV

Anger filled me. It burned with an intensity that my eyes would reflect when Sang talked to me. Why? Why wasn't I smart enough? Why didn't I check the videos? Why didn't I know that Nathan's father was back?

Why? Why? Why?

My fingers bit into the palms of my hands. This pain was nothing compared to what Sang suffered. Why did she have to suffer for stupidity? Why didn't I keep her safe? Why did I leave my Princess alone?

Gabriel POV

Trouble. My beautiful trouble. Green eyes. Chameleon hair. A beautiful smile. The image blurred to reveal a beaten and bloody Sang. Her hair was red with her blood, and pure fear filled her eyes. Her screams echoed in my mind, begging for me to save her.

I bent over, closing my eyes. I covered my ears with my hands, trying to block the pleading and hurting screams. But I couldn't block them.

This was my punishment because I didn't save her. We didn't save her, and we weren't worthy of being saved either.

Luke POV

I stared at the wall. When the letter was done, I had to move. I jumped up from my seat to walk towards the closest wall.

She had yelled my name. My name as if it was a beacon for me to come and save her. She was in danger, but I wasn't able to be her hero. When she was screaming for anyone to save her, what was I doing? I was searching for an already safe person and sweets. We could have been here sooner if I didn't decide to taunt North with my candy stash. It was because of me that we weren't able to get to her earlier.

I looked up, noticing the mirror in front of me. Disgust at myself grew until it became too much to look at myself. I punched the mirror, ignoring the cuts and blood that decorated my fist. The cracked mirror reflected my broken image. The broken image of myself wasn't enough. It wasn't enough to cure my anger. It wasn't enough compared to what Sang went through.

It wasn't enough. I wasn't enough.

Sean POV

Pookie! I yelled before spinning her in my arms. Come see the babies with me next week, okay?

We were so happy.

Now my heart was breaking. She didn't want us looking for her. She didn't want us to be around her. She didn't want us.

I didn't blame her. I was the doctor. I was the person who was supposed to look after her. She had been drugged, and I should have stayed next to her. I should have been a better doctor.

I had vowed to protect human life, yet I left her vulnerable. I wasn't able to save her.

The sound of a mirror shattering had me looking up. That sound was like the sound of my heart. And I wasn't sure if it would heal.

Mr. Blackbourne POV

I truly fell in love with all nine of you

Words echoed in my mind. She was in love with us. She had loved me.

I love her. I always wanted to say those words to her. I wanted to take her on a date underneath the stars or fairy lights and whisper to her that I loved her. But now I wasn't able to.

She didn't want to be weak and being weak meant being around us. My heart crumbled into dust. We were hurting her more. We were making her depend on us, and that left her defenseless. Look at where we placed her. In the middle of a tragedy.

Ms. Sorenson, I'm so sorry. Words can't portray what I'm feeling.

Please, come back, Sang. That was what I wished.

But I knew that it wouldn't come true because she didn't want to come back.

Nathan POV

It was my fault.

This is not your fault.

I did this. I'm becoming like him.

You are not your father.

How could she? How could she forgive me when it was my blood and flesh that hurt her? How could she still be so loving? Why didn't she blame me?

It's not your fault.

It might not have been mine directly, but I still had guilt. I became too lax with my father. I was the one who tied her to the bed. I was the one who had immobilized her. I was the one put her in danger.

It was my fault.

Sang POV

I looked at Dr. Roberts as he climbed into the driver's seat. His eyes were sad, and when he looked at me, I knew that he was also hurting. He had to be stern to the nine boys he had become close to. He had to give them the news that would break their heart.

But he also knew that I didn't- couldn't stay here anymore. There were too many nightmares here. I've been through so much within the past few months. I've been groped, pushed over a balcony, suffered through my step-mother's punishments. I've been kidnapped, sexually molested, drugged, and scared out of my mind. It was too much.

"Dr. Roberts," I whispered, pulling the blanket tighter around me. We drove out of the neighborhood that held so many good but also so many bad memories. "You need to help them. They'll be devastated."

"Sang," he said softly. "Even if you didn't, we will help them. They will have the Academy to repair them. And so will you."

I nodded. "I don't know if I can do much in the Academy. I'm too damaged."

He shook his head. "All of us were damaged. You'll find your way, Sang. It might not seem like it now, but you will. And for the Academy, they might push you or guilt you into taking a mission. You have the right to say no, Sang. Don't let what others want impede your growth, Sang. IF they don't take the notion, notify me or Ms. Rose. We will take care of them."

I smiled for the first time since the incident. "Where am I going?"

He smiled. "To a new life, Sang."

I wrapped my arms around my stomach and looked out of the window. It was hard, leaving behind my heart to the nine men who had stole it. But it was time.

I was no longer theirs, and it was time for me to live a new life.