Unexpected

Regina was alone in her mansion. It's her birthday tomorrow. She was supposed to be happy but she feels the other way. Emma slept a little early, being tired from her drastic sheriff work.

The ex-mayor was reading a book when the electricity went off.

"What the hell?" Regina shrieked out. She thought there was just someone playing games on her so she peeked through her window and saw that all the lights went off even around the town. She walked to the power box and pulled the main switch up and down. But to no avail, the electricity was still out.

"Well this is frustrating!" She said angrily.

She pulled out her cellphone and texted her girlfriend. She hesitated, thinking Emma was probably asleep so she placed her phone back on the couch.

Her phone started ringing.

"Hey babe!"

"Emma, I thought you were already sleeping..."

"Go outside!"

"What?"

"Just go outside!"

Hesitantly and quite confused, Regina walked towards her door. When she opened it, her heart almost leaped out from her chest as party poppers popped loudly in her ears and lights blinded her eyes. There were christmas lights everywhere and it was just beautiful.

"Happy Birthday Regina!" The crowd cheered happily.

Before she knew it, tears of joy were running down her cheeks. She placed her hand over her mouth. She stood there in shock, trying to process what was happening before her eyes. She couldn't believe it. She had never been surprised - not once in her life. She didn't deserve all of these, she thought. 

Henry made his way to his brunette mother, carrying a huge bouquet of flowers. "Happy Birthday Mom!" The boy jumped into his mother's arms.

"Thank you, Henry" she says while crying and smiling. Then Emma walked towards the two with a birthday cake and candle lit on top. "Make a wish," Emma asks her girlfriend.

"I couldn't wish for more." Regina says, her eyes still welled with tears.

"Just wish for something. Anything! The candle's almost gone," Emma says. Regina closed her eyes for a brief moment and blew the candle.  

The sheriff then smirked and pulled out a party hat, wiggling her eyebrows. "No way, Emma! Don't!" The ex mayor tried to struggle but Emma was persistent. She laughed when Regina finally allowed her to place the party hat on the birthday girl. 

"C'mon, we're going somewhere."

"Where?"

"You'll see."

They pulled up at Granny's Diner. The place was filled with balloons, streamers and happy party music. Everyone in Storybrooke were invited, no matter what their social status were. There were drinks and lots of food. Regina was overyjoyed with the party, grinning from ear-to-eat as people greeted her a Hapy Birthday. She gave them a warm hug as a form of thank you. It was indeed, one heck of a party. 

_________________________

The couple went out to have their private moment since the diner was drowned in loud music.

"Emma, thank you. Thank you for this." Tears ran down on Regina's cheeks.

"Anything for you," Emma says as she brushed her girlfriend's tears away.

"Just let me finish..." Regina says as she sobs a little. "You never failed to surprise me with your romantic side. You always make me feel like the happiest person in the world even though God knows I don't deserve all of these because of everything I've done."

Emma leaned closer and cupped Regina's face with both hands. "I love you and I want you to be happy. Don't you ever say you don't deserve this because you do. You deserve everything. If I could only give you the moon, trust me, I will." 

"Emma..." 

"I love you Regina," Emma says. Their lips were pressed on each other. The kiss was long and passionate. It was filled with so much emotions-of love and happiness.

When their lips pull apart, Regina says, "I love you so much, you're the best thing that ever happened to me." Regina hugged her girlfriend tightly.

"Wait. I still have one more surprise for you."

"What?" Emma winked at her and rushed in to the diner.

"Everyone, come outside!" The blonde announced.

"Close your eyes..." All the lights flicked off. When Regina opened her eyes, the dark sky was filled with colorful and beautiful fireworks. 

"It's beautiful!" Regina exclaimed.

"Not as beautiful as you, my love. Happy Birthday."

__________________

Final chapter is next!!!