Running Late

Flaky's alarm clock went off, it's high-pitched beeping waking her from her sleep. Her pale hand shot out from under the covers as she shut off the machine's annoying beeping. Sunlight flooded her room from her bedroom windows and she squinted in slight annoyance as the rays hit her face.

"Five more minutes. . ." Flaky thought.

But she knew that "five more minutes" would most likely turn into ten minutes, then ten minutes would turn into half an hour. Then she would miss the bus and be late for school. That couldn't happen so with a small sigh, Flaky threw the blankets off of her and got out of bed. Stripping out of her nightclothes, she grabbed her normal attire for the day: a red sweater, black leggings, and sneakers. After getting dressed she headed downstairs to the kitchen where she made herself a bowl of cereal and toast for breakfast. As Flaky was eating, she heard a noise outside and her heart stopped as she realized what it was.

It was the bus that was supposed to take her to school.

And she missed it.

Cursing, she ran out of the house, grabbing her backpack on the way out as she tried to chase after the bus that was gaining speed and leaving her behind. She groaned in defeat as the bus sped away and now she was stranded without a ride to school, so she was going to end up being late

This was already beginning to be a long day.

X X X

Flaky made it to school with barely a minute left until the late bell rang, so she dashed through the hallways, bumping into a couple of students, muttering a "Sorry!" as she accidentally knocked someone over as she ran past them. She ran into her classroom, just as the bell rang out.

BBRRIINNGG! ! !