Dealing With The Fallout

As soon as he saw Flaky, Nutty pulled away from Lammy's kiss and rushed down the hallway after his red-haired friend. He thought he wasn't going to be able to keep up with Flaky as he chased after her. Lucky for Nutty, she started to slow down and he was able to grab onto her sweater sleeve.

"Flaky! Stop please!."

"L-Leave me alone."

Flaky tried to pull away from his grip, but the candy lover held on tight. So she turned and faced him, her face was a mask of sadness and disbelief. It hurt Nutty to see his friend looking so heartbroken and it hurt even more to know he was the cause of his friend's grief. They stared at each other for a solid minute, yellow eyes staring into red. Then Flaky whispered one word.

"Why?"

Then before he could stop her, she pulled away from his grasp and ran back into her classroom, leaving Nutty in the hallway alone and unable to fix things. So he just hung in his head and walked off to his own classroom, wondering what the hell happened in these few short hours.

X X X

Flaky spent the rest of the school day alone, ignoring her friends and keeping to herself. She could feel Nutty's eyes on her during English, but she ignored him. She was upset and hurt by him and she couldn't understand why he kissed Lammy. As she walked to the bus thoughts whizzed around in her head. She thought maybe he was starting to like her as more than a friend after that night together and then he went and did that. So what if she was wrong, it didn't matter to her.

Nope, not one bit.

She didn't need him as a friend or anything.

. . . .

Oh, who was she kidding!

Flaky needed that crazy sugar addict in her life. She didn't care if he liked someone else, she needed him as a friend and more. So when she got on the bus, she got to Nutty and her seat, seeing he wasn't on the bus yet, so she sat down in the window seat and waited. A few minutes passed as more students clamored onto the bus and filed into seats.

Nutty got on the bus just as it was about to close it's door and drive off. He walked down the aisle and he seemed genuinely surprised to see Flaky in their seat. He sat down hesitantly as though thinking she might yell at him or push him out of the seat. When she did neither of those things, Nutty relaxed and slouched into the seat. They came to Flaky's bus stop and Nutty got up to let the crimson-haired girl out of the seat. She stood up and walked into the aisle, grabbing his hand she led him off the bus before he could protest.

The two teenage friends walked, hand in hand, to Flaky's house. She opened the door with her free hand guided the confused Nutty to her bedroom. She sat down on her soft bed, looked down at her carpeted flooring and he sat next to her. Neither had let go of each other's hand or said a word since they got off the bus, but now it seemed Nutty should say something.

"I. . .I'm sorry, Flaky."

She nodded, not taking her red eyes off the floor, "I-I know."

"Lammy kissed me. I don't like her like that."

Flaky broke her gaze from the floor and looked up into Nutty's yellow eyes, confusion written in her face, "Y-You don't?"

Nutty shook his head, smiling slightly "Nope. The person I like is staring right at me."

Then his smile vanished, "But I shouldn't be saying things like this. What with you and Flippy and everything."

Flaky frowned, puzzled, "Huh? Me and Flippy? What are you talking about?"

Now it was Nutty's turn to be confused as he raised an eyebrow, "Uh, Flippy talked to me a week or so ago. About how I shouldn't get the wrong idea of you cause you and he are dating."

"He said WHAT?!"