chapter two: an angelic encounter.

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐊𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐲 𝐏¡𝐧𝐤.

Eddie huffed and puffed as he speed walked down to the pharmacy, due to be late in about six minutes. He had completely forgotten about his pill refills; it was his mother's first day back to work and he had already screwed it up.
     He opened the door to the Derry Shop and Stop, where Mr. Keene refilled his pills every Monday evening. Since the day he had begun to go to the pharmacy, Mr. Keene slipped the young boy a small piece of candy each time, but nothing more out of the fear of the dreadful Sonia finding out. Eddie remembered that he needed to pick up extra cough drops for his mother, and began to make his way back towards the medicinal aisle when he ran into a tall boy. The boy, who was much taller than Eddie, had knocked Eddie to the ground. Eddie looked up at the owner of the curly hair, and couldn't help but stare.
    His lanky, boyish figure had arms and legs that were slightly unequal in length. He had defined cheekbones and a sharp jawline, much sharper than most boys in the eleventh grade. Freckles danced along the bridge of his perfectly straight nose, and dark brown eyes softly gazed upon Eddie through thick-rimmed glasses. And lastly, his lips, a pink color, were so full that Eddie felt the need to touch them, just to see if they were real.

"Holy shit," Eddie breathed, clearly taken aback by the taller boy's appearance, and to Eddie's surprise, the mysterious boy chuckled lightly. "If you take a picture, it'll last longer," he joked, running a hand through his dark curls. After a few moments of staring, Richie broke the silence.

"I'm Richie... Tozier," he finished.

"Eddie Kaspbrak."

"I- uhm, I need to g-get by. It was nice to meet you. Excuse me," Eddie stammered quickly, dodging past the stranger, and finished his journey to the medicine aisle. He grabbed a pack of honey-lemon cough drops, Sonia's favorite.

Eddie felt as if his insides were as sickeningly sweet as those cough drops.
————————————————————————
   Richie sighed heavily, releasing a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. The boy from earlier's image kept reoccurring in his head; the doe eyed boy looking awestruck as he glanced up at Richie Tozier, and he had tried not to stare at the smaller boy, but it was no use. Gazing down upon him, he found the most beautiful sight known to man; a small boy with an even smaller frame stood before him, with big brown eyes and a barely there jawline. Freckles scattered along the boy's cheeks as well, and long eyelashes hit them whenever he blinked. A small amount of baby fat blended in with the boy's skin, and his lips; oh, his lips, Richie thought. They looked so soft and red and-

Stop it! I am not attracted to this boy.

Am I?

Richie shookd his head forcefully.

I am certainly not. —————————————————————
   "Momma? I'm home," Eddie called into his house, and listened carefully for noises of the television or Sonia's obnoxious snoring. Hearing nothing, he closed the door softly, still shaken from his encounter earlier that night.

What was that boy doing there? Why was he staring at me like that? Did he think I was weird? Am I weird?

Why do I care?

   Eddie shuddered as the hot water of the shower hit his back, relaxing his muscles and washing the germs of today away. He scrubbed absentmindedly at his chest with a dark blue loofa, suds of citrusy soap covering it. He rinsed the bubbles off, watching them disappear down the drain. As he climbed out of the shower and walked into his room, he saw a note flapping in the wind from his fan;

"Dear Eddie Bear,
I will not be home for a couple of days, a week at most. The office called me last minute and said that I would be needed for the billing convention during your Christmas holiday. I will be back before Christmas, so do not fret. I am trusting you with the house. I bought plenty of food for you before I left, and there is leftover spaghetti in the fridge for you as well.

             Much love, - Momma."

Eddie grinned.

"Halle-fucking-lujah."