Chapter 1 : An Invitation

8am. Shimmering like a ball of topax, was the sun, floating above the beautiful aquamarine sea line. The early birds of the native island spread their wings to begin a day of hunting and flowers of all colours bloom as if they were eager to start the day. The island of Pulau Rintis is as busy as any day, cars driving faster than cheetahs, afraid of being late to work; along with a few students, both old and young, walking and running to school. Hidden amongst the chaos was a certain first year student at University Rintis, still in bed, despite the disharmony happening a few floors below the penthouse apartment.

Buzzing extremely vigorously like a busy bee was your alarm clock, signaling that it was time for you to wake up and get ready for your day. You let out a groan as you slam the snooze button on the alarm, hoping to get a few minutes more of your precious dreamless sleep. But Alas, life's unfair as you were woken up by your older sister pushing you off your comfortable bed.

"Do you really have to push me off my bed every time you want to wake me up?" You questioned, rubbing your tired (E/C) eyes to then stare at your older sister who was towering over you.

Your older sister snickers. "Well I'm sorry, princess, I didn't realize you prefer being woken up by gunshots"

"Please don't, you know its going to be impossible to explain that kind of damage to the repair man" You plead to your older sister.

"I'm kidding (Y/N)."

"Anyways get up from the floor, you look like a hobo. Also, I'm making waffles so move your lazy ass before the waffles get cold." Your older sibling exclaims as she leaves your room to let you get changed.

Eyes glued to the off white coloured ceiling, you smiled. Nothing really changes with (O/S/N). She's been like that ever since ... Well, forever. So bossy. You let out a silly smile as you got up to face the torture of each morning. Getting ready. Ugh

You lazily and grumbly walked over to your bathroom, grabbing a towel and your outfit-of-the-day along the way. Locking your wooden bathroom door, you stare at your reflection to then giggle at your ridiculous bird's nest looking hair before picking up your favourite hair brush to begin getting ready.

Your footsteps hardly made a sound as you silently walked down the stairs, smiling at the deliciously strong aroma of fresh waffles. Your angelic smile widen at the sight of your beloved sister making waffles while looking through some documents.

"The waffles smell amazing (O/S/N), I'm so glad you decided to make chocolate ones too" You said to your sister as you sits yourself down on a chair next to the kitchen counter, startling her sister in the process.

"Holy Shit!" (O/S/N) shrieked in fear before regaining her composure, causing you to begin bursting out in laugher. "Darn, sometimes I forget you're literally light on your feet. I was about to smash your face with the wafflepan."

"You hurt me, big sis. I can't believe you think I won't be able to dodge a flying wafflepan." You replied as you put on a pout on your face.

(O/S/N) rolled her eyes as she places a plate of waffles with maple syrup before you. She then clears her throat while tucking her gray hair behind her ear to make sure she has gained your full attention .

"I'm going to begin today's report now ok? I don't care if you're not ready, you should be. First things first, everything is going well with the casino and hidden ones as well. We're on a nice stable line for each building except the one located in the south" Your eyes left your plate and stared at your sister in curiosity. " The south building is growing a lot more income in the past few weeks than ever before, and I believe it is due to the urbanisation of the south. This could mean, we can upgrade the south building to capitalise on this growth. What do you think, (Y/N)?"