Chapter One

Btw, I drew that picture  😁
Also, all the greek mythology monster names like Manticore, and Hellhound, keep being auto corrected and it's driving me crazy.

"Taki! Run! Don't look back, get the egg to my Brother!" I shouted, trying to urge my friend, Takashi,to run ahead to get the egg back to Camp.

"No! I'm not leaving you here!" Takashi said, trying to work his way back towards me through the bushes, but a Hellhound kept in front of him, blocking his way.

I was bleeding out from a Manticore wound in my shoulder, and a Hellhound bite on my stomach, but somehow I managed to stand and raise a stick.  "Hey! Meatbreath, over here!" I shouted, and the Hellhound whipped around, saliva dropping from its mouth.... Tinted with my blood.

The Hellhound lunges forward, and I braced myself to try and use my stick, but there was a flash of movement in front of me. Suddenly there was a figure standing in front of me, and the Hellhound stopped.

"Go back to the Underworld,Θηρίο!" Said the figure, seemingly a boy, and the Hellhound backed away.

The beast snarled one last time, and leapt into the shadows.

"Ash!" Cried Taki, running past the boy.

" Wait. you need to get the egg back to Camp. I'll attend to Ashton and catch up with you. " said the boy.

Taki looked back towards me, then back up at the boy, and nodded. As Taki ran away towards camp, the large black egg in his arms, the boy turned.

I gasped, "Nico?! " Nico nodded.

"Hold on to my hand and do not let go," Nico said sternly, and I did as he told me to, grabbing his hand.  before so could register what was going on, Nico stuck his hand into the shadows, and the engulfed us both.

Darkness....
And my conscious was fading...