Chapter 8: First Fight

Marinette

  I nervously walked through the hallways, feelings a bit uneasy from the disaster that had happened yesterday night. Kim had gotten kicked off the team and today he showed up with a black eye.

  I had a feeling it had something to do with Adrien but I didn't ask him and instead kept it to myself. I clutched my books tight to my chest as I felt a glare from Kim, when suddenly an arm was causally slung around my shoulder. I recognized the heavenly smell, blushing slightly.

  "A-adrien?" He gave me a smile as my heart skipped a beat, my cheeks turning red. "Don't mind Kim, it's his fault he did so something so stupid. He should've known something like that would get him kicked off the team. Messing with someone as valuable as you."

  His words made my heart melt, as he looked at me with a small smile and the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen before. His eyes were beaming and his eyebrows were narrowed, I felt a knot in my stomach as I knew...

I had fallen for Adrien Agreste.

  And to him, I was most likely just a friend, the coaches daughter, being like a little sister to him. And knowing Adrien, he would never go after something so dangerous unless he really wanted it. And he didn't... Did he?

  He had confided to me that all the girls that liked him only liked him for his looks, or popularity, and weren't interested in getting to know the true him. I didn't want to be like any of those girls, he would see me as pathetic and wouldn't trust me anymore.

  His eyes diverted from mine as we were sent into class, sitting in the seat right next to me, practically guarding me from Kim every class I had with him. I had a tutoring lessons with him today on the library anyway... I blushed at the thought.

  During lunch he went to play football with his friends and I excused myself to the bathroom from Alya and Nino since I knew I was taking away their romance time~ I giggled a little at the thought of it and grabbed my bag, sitting on the bleachers like I usually did.

  But... I wasn't alone. "Marinette Dupain, how bitchy of you to get Kim kicked off the team. Being a slut to him and then lying to your dad out of shame. How pathetic!" She spat, I sat there watching her like a coward, trying to speak but nothing came out of my mouth.

  "You have no idea what you're talking about Chloe, so why don't you shut your damn mouth for once." I heard someone say, Adrien... "Why the hell do you keep defending her Adrien!? She got Kim kicked off the team!" He frowned, balling his fists until his knuckles turned white.

  "I don't care, I was there when it happened Chloe! Your just spreading a bunch of rumors to make yourself feel better. Isn't that what it was always about? Making yourself feel better by bullying people for your own entertainment?! Just go!"

  I felt a pain of guilt in my chest as I saw her eyes water, I know what she had lost. It was Adrien, and I felt sort of bad for her. If I didn't have Adrien I would feel like total shit. But I was glad Adrien had set the boundary too, as I felt him grab my shoulder from behind.

  "Marinette... Why would you let her talk to you like that?" He asked, His eyebrows narrowed. I sighed, "Because your Adrien Agreste, I'm Marinette Dupain... My words mean nothing to her. Your words mean everything to her... And I know that."

  His lips parted, "If this happens again, don't let her treat you this way. For me, please?" He gave me the puppy dog eye look and my cheeks flushed, I pushed his face away by poking him by the nose, "Pwease Mari?" He asked playfully, I giggled and smiled and him. Silly kitten." I remarked, crossing my arms.

  "Aww, they have nicknames for each other,  How cute." Our heads to turned to the direction we heard the voice to find Kim as he glared as is with his arms crossed. "I knew you had a thing for her Agreste. If you would've just told me I wouldn't have said anything. And now I got kicked off the football team."

  Adrien glared at him, "Kim back the fuck off." He said. My eyes widened a little as I had never heard him cuss like that before, maybe the kitten was a bit more mischievous then I thought. I blushed a little at his sudden outburst and his voice was so hot~

  "Just admit it. You wanna fuck her, loose your virginity to the bitch. Shit, I would too." He cackled and scoffed, "Go ahead Agreste, no one's stopping you. The slut wants it." Before Kim could say another word, Adrien had ran and he was socked in the face as he hit the floor.

  There was no one around since we were on the field near the bleachers and everyone was in the courtyard. Adrien continued punching him over and over again as I ran to pull him off of Kim before he could really hurt him.

  He socked him in the face once more as his nose started to bleed. I pulled him off from under his arms as I held him firmly on his chest. "Adrien stop!" I yelled, he easily cut me off from his grip but stopped and pulled me back to the courtyard. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry you had to see that Marinette... Even pull me off of him..."

  "I just hate it when Kim can just use any girl like that... Or when he makes any girl feel like that... Especially you." I blushed a little, "Adrien... You don't have to do that for me..." I said, my eyes a bit watery, "You might get hurt next time, you might-"

  "I don't care about all that." He said, getting closer as he placed his hands on my hips, a dangerous beam glowing in his eyes and I froze. "I don't care..." He whispered, His voice low and filled with sincerity. My cheeks were a ruby red as I wrapped my arms around his chest. "Thanks Adrien."

"For everything."