↳seven

CHAPTER SEVEN
brothers

namjoon sat beside jimin in the car, barely paying attention as jimin told the chauffeur their destination, then pressed the button to put up the barrier between them and the driver. chan sat in the passenger seat beside the driver, but namjoon's other two guards were told to stay behind — according to jimin, they wouldn't be needed (he barely let chan tag along, but namjoon threatened to stay put if at least one of them wasn't allowed to accompany him). namjoon wasn't in the right mind to realize it, but his guards could tell from how jimin and the others spoke to him; they were jealous that they were so close to the boy.

irrational, they all knew, but valid.

namjoon watched with glazed eyes as the rural, green expanse gradually turned into a town full of buildings, and then the busy city that he was used to. when he realized where exactly they were headed, he turned to jimin, a question on the tip of his tongue.

but surprisingly, jimin knew what he was going to ask before the question could even leave his lips. "the last we heard from jungkook was a couple of hours ago. but he found jooheon—" that was all that needed to be said, before namjoon felt hot tears prick at his eyes. and then his next words caused the tears to flow freely. "— he was badly hurt, and in need of urgent medical attention."

namjoon sucked in a sharp breath, lifting a hand to his mouth. his stomach churned and bile rose up his throat.

he swallowed and squeezed his eyes shut, leaning over and burying his face in his hands. he could hear jimin try to convince him that everything would be okay, that jungkook would save them both. another team was on their way to aid at that very moment, and jooheon would come home safe and sound.

but they were empty promises. namjoon wasn't naive. he knew things could go south — if they hadn't already.

eventually, when namjoon's breathing began to stammer, jimin had the chauffeur stop the car and told chan to "get your ass back here before namjoon pukes all over the new carpeting!"

a minor panic attack and about a half hour later, namjoon was seated across from his father at his desk. the rest of the team and chan were outside of the office, waiting to be called in.

namjoon's father leaned back in his seat, a heavy sigh leaving his lips. as he rubbed his tired eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, namjoon's mind was racing. he remembered his father's vague words from the day namjoon found the courage to confront him, and what little jimin told him about the meeting earlier, and suddenly something clicked.

"you know who took him, don't you?" namjoon questioned, and the way his father's shoulders tensed and his eyes snapped open, staring wide-eyed at his son, was his answer. "and i don't mean son hyunwoo, i mean whoever hired him. you know who that is?"

namjoon's father nodded, and namjoon straightened. "why didn't you tell me?"

sighing yet again, his father closed his eyes, muttering a curse. "i'm getting old, namjoon. i'm not as quick-witted as i once was, contrary to popular belief. i didn't realize it until late last night."

to hear his father admit something like that was weird to namjoon, but he pushed those thoughts aside; there were more pressing matters at hand. "so who took him?"

"namjoon...

"you're not my only child. you have two elder brother's, gong yoo—" (who took his mother's family name for unknown reasons) "and kim jisoo. they're the ones who took jooheon."

and that's when namjoon's world really seemed to just crumble around him.

a/n;
woop

also gong yoo's pretty
hot for a 40 year old 👀