↳thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
first mission

taehyung, surprisingly unsurprisingly, was the one to lead namjoon to their meeting room. they made idle small talk as taehyung navigated down stairwells and through winding hallways, namjoon wondering how long it would take him to memorize where everything was and how to get there and all of the different routes to take. so far he knew how to get from the downstairs floor to his own room, but other than that miss hana or one of the others had to lead him everywhere.

they made it to the meeting room in approximately seven minutes.

"after the meeting, we'll put you into the system," taehyung told him, settling his palm on a rectangular black screen beside the steel door. namjoon watched as the screen lit up a vibrant green, scanning the length of taehyung's palm, before a metal square above the door split in half and swung open with a quiet ching! a cylindrical tube with a sphere on the end slowly pushed out of the opening in the wall, a red light scanning taehyung from head to toe.

a monotone, robotic voice called out; "welcome, king taehyung."

taehyung looked up at the hole in the wall. " — king taehyung and guest."

"welcome, king taehyung and guest."

then the sphere retreated into the wall, the small metal square folding shut. seconds later, the steel door  slid into the wall, revealing the team's meeting room.

"king taehyung?" namjoon inquired, following taehyung into the room.

taehyung looked over his shoulder to smirk at him. "you'll get to choose your own nickname, too."

the door closed behind namjoon, but he barely noticed, instead letting his eyes wander the room. there were no windows, only white lights imbedded into the ceiling and keeping the room at a perfect brightness level. covering the far wall were a series of six large screens, each turned off for the time being. off to the side of the room was a large whiteboard, seven different colored thin markers settled in a jar on the ledge beneath the board. up on the top right corner of the white board was a key with their names and a square beside it, each square filled with a different color marker. namjoon's was at the very bottom, his color light blue.

in the center of the room was a table shaped like a "U", seven chairs surrounding it and both an ipad and a black spiral notebook on the tabletop in front of each chair. five of the chairs were already filled with one of the elite team members, but there were two empty seats; the one in the very center, at the bottom of the "U", and the chair to the direct right of it.

taehyung gestured for namjoon to sit in the center chair, already pulling out the seat next to it and plopping down on the leather cushion.

namjoon didn't bother to ask why he was in the middle — he simply ignored everyone's awaiting looks and took a few awkward steps forward before following taehyung's lead and plopping down in his chair. he leaned his elbows on the table top, anxiously drumming his fingers on the cover of his spiral notebook.

it was difficult to resist the urge to life his feet off the floor spin the chair around.

jin, who was seated at the opposite end of the table and on namjoon's left, clapped his hands and stood, moving to stand in the center of the U. "first thing's first," he grabbed a remote and pointed it to the center screen on the wall behind him, turning it on. then he turned back to namjoon. "how much do you know about us and our team?"

namjoon gaped at him for a moment. "uh.. just your names... and that yoongi hyung's the sniper."

jin nodded. "alright. then we'll all go around and tell you our roles. as of right now, i'm our temporary leader and our get-away driver." jin's lips pulled into a grin. "except i fly a helicopter more often than i drive a car."