Death, Part: 12

Kite kept his cap for the time being as I slept. I take ti a few hours must have pass before a large noise was made, like someone landed from a long distance, but who? Kite put his arm infront of me, as if to tell to me wait so he could assess the situation, I immediately used zetsu as I heard someone say Ging, do they know him..? Kite got up and activated his ability, and shot at the ground, I take it was the Chimera ant nest, It was then when I heard two voices, my ears twitched, they sounded like children, I silently climb the tree and hid in it so I could see what was going on, there were two young boys, just as I had excepted, one of them, looked like Ging, in fact, this was the scent I smelled on Kite when we went to Whale Island, this is... Ging's son... The other boy was very pale with white hair and blue eyes, his scent was unfamiliar. Kite talked with them for awhile, before the two remembered each other, he then looked towards the tree I was in, "You can come out, (Y/N), it's safe." Kite said, I never doubted Kite, and leapt from the tree, my ears twitched as my tail flicked, "Hello, Gon, Killua, it's a pleasure to meet you." I said with a smile. Gon seemed amazed at my being, while the other, Killua was confused, "I may not look like it, but I am a master at zetsu after all." I said as I made my way towards them. "Wow! You're amazing miss!" Gon had said, "Hehe, why thank you." I replied.

After Kite had filled them in on their situation, the two boys decided to help, and that they were pro hunters. The two were special, this much I could tell. We then determined that the arm came from a Chimera Ant and washed over from the NGL- its.. been awhile since I've been back home.. maybe, 15 years or so, perhaps even more. Kite then gave Gon Ging's hunter's license, telling him to give this to Ging for us, the boy agreed, we then made our way towards the NGL, back.. home. Once we arrived it felt strange to be back, everyone changed, however Kite and I were in the clear since neither of our clothes contained any plastic or metal. We then made our way to look for the nest before the King was born. Little did we know, we were in more than we could handle... Night came upon us, and we came across a Chimera ant, it resembled to be human, our worst fears had come true. Kite leaned up against the tree I had hid in, and told Gon and Killua to take care of this one. And they did fairly well, however something from above took their comrade away before we could finish it off, something told me that- this wasn't good, I was overcome with a bad feeling. 

We continued, taking out as many Chimera ants as we could, and they went down easily, I was to observe and jump in if needed, one tried to attack me from behind, but I could sense him all too well, I quickly turned around, a glare in my eyes, "Wh-who are you?! You aren't a Chimera ant- s-So what ARE you?!" They asked, I smirked, "I am, your worst nightmare," I said before running at them in a flash, biting into their arm and pulled it off with ease before using their own arm to stab them in the head, the force bringing them to the floor, the arm even going into the ground, pinning them there, leaving their body to twitch. I then waited for everyone else, "Done already?" Kite asked, "Yes, it was quite easy" I replied, "But something tells me.. it wont be easy for long.." I said. We then left and scouted out the others, following them. But something was wrong, we reached the cliff, having a clear view of the nest, but both me and Kite sensed something, something far out of our league. "You two- get out of here! Now!!" Both me and Kite said, they refused, the fools! They came sooner than we had anticipated and Kite's arm flew off from the shier force of this creature, I was enraged, I used this opportunity to take the enemy by the head and swing them into the pass of trees, what would normally behead someone, left this thing fine, but this gave kite enough time to use his crazy slots, he got the number 2, a scythe and used it, I jumped out of the way and kicked the ant into his range, but even at that it barely left a scratch, what... just what is this thing?! It's legs grew, it would take time to store up energy, so I collected the aura in my hands and pounded them into the ground, grabbing their head once more and threw them back, I had to keep them as far away from Kite as I could. 

I was able to doge their attack, getting my cheek cut, I smirked, the conditions were filled now, Kite charged at the ant as I came from above, my arm covered in black crystal that connected to the cut in my cheek, but- instead of trying to doge me they took the chance to get rid of Kite, we were already so close- I could get there and time and- they.. beheaded Kite... "KITE!!!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face- how... could this have happened... My mind, for the first time went blank as shock took over, but I was able to keep my composure enough to continue my attack, my eyes glowed red as my pupils sharpened, I hit them into the floor, making a small crater, however the use of their aura kept me form making serious damage, but I was able to immobilize them for awhile, that's all I needed. As Pitou tried to get up I had already undressed, "Meow~ what's this? You think you can beat me without any clothes on?" They asked, I glanced to make sure Kite's eyes were closed, and they were. Even though there wasn't a full moon out, my rage was enough to transform me. I charged at them, ripping them from the ground, even their aura wasn't enough to protect them from my grip, my teeth started to crack through their hard skin, my aura soared high into the air, Kite... memories flash through my mind, fueling my anger, "Why- are you trying so hard-? He's already dead, you can't bring him back!" my eyes widened and suddenly my anger turned into sorrow, and remorse. It was then when my resolve shattered, Kite... I had promised myself- that I would protect you- and when it came to that moment... I... failed.. didn't I..? My grip loosened as my aura diminished.

 My enemy could tell that they had shattered my resolve and I transformed back, my eyes returned to their empty state of being as my heart closed up, come more, Kite.. Tears streamed down my face, I couldn't bare look at him, not now. I bent over and picked up his blue cap and my clothes and walked away. I walked endlessly, remembering everything from the beginning, when we met, all up until this very moment. It must have been days that I had walked, many sleepless nights, I felt like a walking shell of my former self, memories continued to flash through my mind until I ended up in a plains, it was open as far as the eye could see. And even after this amount of time, his scent remained in the hat, perhaps I am imagining things to keep myself sane..

Until Next Time.... My Love...