Part 1 & Part 2

It's been ten years I have changed careers from being an ordinary Secretary to being a virtual assistant. Working from home making more British pounds per hour then I would have been if I worked between four walls of an office. Now I work and travel the world. On my weekends I blog about my travels. This past ten months I've been all over Japan where I teach English in night classes to the good folk here in Okinawa. They must have liked me because when I left to travel to China I've got such a heartwarming goodbye. I took the train to China and Hong Kong was something else. But somehow Japan for me personally is better. I traveled from the furthest part if China all the way to the closes part of Mongolia. It is not a country you often hear about so I crossed the border into the city of Ulaanbaatar. It was quite a city strange in many ways I can't wrap my head around. Yet I spend nine full days here before I moved on to Russia and the closet city is Ulan-Ude, Russia. I've always wanted to visit the soviet union but that one documentary I've seen back in Cape Town on TV they don't make it really easy for a tourist to travel freely around Russia. The documentary was about the Siberian tigers and yet they were constantly in conflict with the police and military forces.

So I will only stay at Ulan-Ude for two days then fly out to Moscow and then St. Petersberg. It took me four hours to find a hotel here in Ulan-Ude. I book into my hotel. I set up my laptop and I worked for seven to eight hours on my client's work they have requested me to do for them. Since I found the Fiverr.com website it has changed my life in the way I work daily and make International money on an hourly basis. Ten PM, I walked off to shower and climb into bed. For extra precautions, I've placed my room chair in such a way that they can force their way into my room for an unknown reason. I climb into bed and fell asleep. By morning I got up worked from eight AM till six PM, go down for dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was great and the vodka strong it blew my breath away.

I got back to my room, took a bath then head to bed past nine PM. Then the next morning with some strong headache meds I pack up and took a taxi to the airport. We flew for seven and a half hours to Moscow. It felt strange to think the direction we're flying in is actually going back in time. Russia is so large and vast that it stretches over seven timelines on the globe. We finally land in Moscow and it is amazing. It is a massive industrialized city with massive high rises skyscrapers. It is marvelous. I booked into a hotel and set out walking this great city. I bought a handful of Danila Kozlovsky's movie DVDs when I passed a store that sold them.

I am a big fan of his work. Ever since I saw him in Vampire Academy I've been following his work in Russia. I even took on learning Russian to understand the story. So being here helps to sharpen my Russian language skills. I ate a great traditional Russian lunch with homemade black bread. It is delicious I have to say and the nice lady that baked the black bread took me to the kitchen and showed me how to bake the black bread. It was an interesting process. Yet I get how she made the bread. I showed her how to make a bunny chow. Our one South African dish with a beef, chicken or lamb stew in a half or quarter hollowed out bread. They liked it and we parted such great friends. After a nice interesting lunch, I walked around some more. I bought myself some good quality jeans while I am in the mall and its been a long while since I saw this type of quality denim back home. So I bought myself six or seven pairs of jeans. I walked back to my hotel and start to work until very late.

The following morning I woke up from my night's rest and immediately started to work again. I bought a ticket online just before I lay down to sleep last night to one of Danila's new movie premieres, which will be tonight. So after I worked for five hours I head back to the mall and bought myself an evening gown for this once in a lifetime red carpet event. I found a midnight blue dress with crystal beads and silver embroidered detailing all over it. I found my matching shoes five stores down and bought it. I head back to my suite at the hotel and as I step back into my hotel the Russian police took me aside and asked me for my papers and passport. I gave them all my travel documents and even showed them my premiere ticket for tonight and after twenty minutes of showing them no fear from my side they looked pissed off since they couldn't intimidate me. They were impressed by how well I speak Russian and with that they gave back my travel documents and passport and I could take the elevator up to my room. I got to my room and they were clearly here as everything was upside down. I put everything as it was before. Good thing I locked my laptop in the vault in my room. They couldn't get into it. The other souvenirs I bought in Japan and China and even Mongolia I've couriered back to South Africa before I left each country.