25.

London, England

Alessandra arrived to London in few days

Alessandra arrived to London in few days. Terrible weather conditions didn't allow her to travel without taking breaks, but she traveled also during nights. She appeared in front of palace and immediately got surrounded by guards. Just with a single hand gesture, she showed Vatican's ring and asked for audience. They escorted her inside, where she met with princess' adjutant. "I'm afraid Princess is not here, she will be back in two days. She had to travel to France, ma'am," he announced and Alessandra rolled eyes and moaned desperately.

"Good afternoon, what's the urgency about?" Blonde haired woman entered to a parlor as she noticed before both lersin entering there in rush.

"Nothing, ma'am," Alessandra answered.

"Problems in Lorn county, Your Grace," man answered and gave her letter from Alessandra for Princess.
"This is Elizabeth, Duchess of Birmingham, Princess' cousin," he explained to Alessandra, who frowned and grunted discontentedly.

"Oh, dear God, that is awful!" Elizabeth exclaimed shocked. "Riots? Duchess in danger?" She with sad expression looked at Alessandra. "I will inform Princess about this myself, don't worry! Is she alright? Where is she hiding?"

"I have no idea," Alessandra lied, because there was someting about woman's eyes, that she didn't like at all.

Elizabeth curiously studied letter. "T. Hm, who is T.?" She questioned again about a person, who didn't write name, but used ornate symbol and letter instead." However Alessandra just shrugged, shaking her head and didn't answer. "Nevermind, I have to go, I will write and inform Mary Elizabeth about these horendous events!" Duchess said and with letter left in rush. In the moment she entered hallway and took a way down to staircase, her sadness and surprise in her face turned into content wicked smile. "When there is no Duchess, there is a widower, who will need a shoulder to cry on," she murmured for herself and hid letter, that she later threw to a fire in her home.

"I need you to tell Princess, when she arrives, I can't stay, I have to go back, but please, Sir! Inform Mary Elizabeth about riots and baron, when she comes back!" Alessandra asked in begging voice.

"Of course, I will, ma'am," he nodded, "but don't worry, since Duchess knows we don't have to worry, she is royalty, she wouldn't allow this land to be swallowed by chao-"

"You need to tell her!" Alessandra insisted, then turned and left palace. She headed to first catholic temple and found local priest. "I need you to send message to Florence's Archbishop," she said after she showed him a ring. Two riders left a temple at the same time. Alessandra headed back to North and another one left toward sea, to get on board of first ship and then quickly continue toward Italy.

***
Ottman's Empire

The gloomy night had spread a line of devious fog on the ground. Surrounding the camp with coldness and wetness that could pierce bones. Most of them where sleeping or staying inside in the warmth of their tents.