Our Vows

POV: Watson

"They'll be here soon," I say nervously, pacing around the living room.

"Relax John. You know they'll be supportive. Besides Mrs. Hudson's suspected it for years." Sherlock chuckles, grinning.

Nodding, I stop pacing to sit next to Sherlock. Trying to keep still, I tense up, sitting rigidly. Sherlock notices and sighs, threading his hand through my hair to calm me. I relax slightly, leaning into his touch.

A sharp knock pierces the comforting silence of the flat, and Sherlock stares at me for a quick moment before quickly getting up to answer the door.

"Ah Molly, Lestrade." He greets, shaking their hands enthusiastically. They eye him nervously, seeming alarmed by his strangely cordial behavior.

"Mrs. Hudson!" Sherlock exclaims, lightly pecking her on the cheek. She looks over at me, and smiles cheekily, arching an eyebrow suggestively. I blush lightly, looking away embarrassedly; I didn't think we were that loud.

"I have an announcement to make." He announces, clasping his hands together. "John and I are together."

Not to my surprise, Mrs. Hudson beams and hugs us both without a second of hesitation. Unlike the others, whose mouths are almost dropping open.

Greg recovers and goes to clap Sherlock on the back. "Finally!"

"Lestrade, congratulations with my brother. It's slightly repulsive, but nevertheless I'm happy for you too." Sherlock smiles, nodding at him.

Greg's mouth curls up into a devious grin. "Oh me too. He is an excellent lover."

We all laugh, cringing a little whilst trying hard to not imagine that.

"Wonderful!" Mrs. Hudson exclaims. "We must celebrate! I'll make cake and pop open some wine."

Before walking into the kitchen, Mrs. Hudson sobers and nods slightly at us, approval radiating from her. Sherlock flashes her a grin and turns swiftly to swirl me into a surprisingly heated kiss.

________________________________________________

We've all had a couple glasses of wine, no one's drunk or even really tipsy, but there's a nice warmth coming from everyone. We're all sitting in the living room, windows cracked slightly to let a gentle breeze flow in.

"So," Greg starts. "I have something to say."

"Go ahead." I reply, raising my glass.

"I have known Sherlock for almost ten years now, and what I said to you John on the first day was true. It took him less then 24 hours to trust you in a way he's never dared with me.

"Sherlock isn't perfect, heck far from it, I don't know how you stand him most of the time." This earns a small chuckle from everyone and Mrs. Hudson rolls her eyes fondly. "But I want to share something with all of you." Greg starts, and I notice that his eyes glassy now. "Sherlock would never tell you guys, but I spoke with the doctors after he got shot. His heart stopped and the doctors started to give up and leave when suddenly his heartbeat restarted, erratic but still there. Only Sherlock knows why, but I am a hundred percent certain it was for John Watson." He pauses, swallowing. "He may be a prick sometimes, and a massive bastard, but to the people that matters to him, Sherlock is the best friend anyone can ever have. You two are perfect for each other, I have never seen him so happy before." Greg looks at me for a moment before continuing. "I don't know you very well John, but you seem like a great fellow that Sherlock would be lucky to have."

The room is silent for moment, and then Sherlock goes up to hug Lestrade, leaving everyone wide-eyed.

"Thank you, Greg." Sherlock says quietly, turning to smile at me.