IT'S TRUE

▪︎

THEY WERE REALLY deeply fucking in love.

it showed with how they danced in jisoo's studio flat in SoHo, hands interlaced with each other, their feet nimble and light as they waltz to a slow song— rosé's favorite, by your side by the 1975.

they really weren't gazing into each other's eyes, but that didn't make it less romantic, if anything, it was even more romantic like that.

a smile etched on their lips, jisoo's eyes were closed, rosé was looking at her face, the australian swore that her goddamn heart was doing bloody sommersaults.

she was going to marry this girl...

▪︎

she still wanted to marry that girl even if it was over for a long time now, even she really didn't know why. maybe it was just her. whatever.

roseanne was certain that jisoo had already moved on, to begin with she was the one who broke it up, the one who left rosé without any solid explanation.

she was already sleeping so soundly, meanwhile rosé lied awake at night trying to think where she went wrong.

at least that was what rosie was assuming.

really though, it wasn't like that.

-

jisoo wasn't the same.

why would she be?

she left the best thing that had happened in her life.

she was scared and now she was left at her balcony, smoking cigarettes with shaky hands.

she honestly fucking forgot.

she forgot that this was where rosie was living, she went here numerous times, stayed the night when she did not want to leave her baby alone.

did she really forget, or was she just pretending that she did?

perhaps she was only pretending she forgot a lot of things about roseanne until she finally completely forgot about it.

that was it. the truth.

"hey," a voice that had been her rock for quite sometime now has echoed.

she looked up and met feline eyes and a soft gummy smile, "lisa just left,"

jisoo nodded in comprehension.

"are you okay?"

no, she was not.

jennie already knew this, but she wanted to know how bad it was.

jisoo had shaken her head.

"maybe we should talk about it now,"

jisoo had been avoiding the talk about roseanne.

four months— wait, it had been five. five months, almost half a year.

"jisoo, you have been avoiding talking about it for months now, time to open up, so you'd be able to let go."

"i don't want to let go,"

jisoo surprised herself after saying that, "it's true, i don't want to..."

"then why di—"

"i think she deserves better, i was scared that she will see me for who i truly am then leave me, so i left before she can." they were words that she did not expect would come out of her, "now it's over and i don't think i can ever get her back, i was the one who left and when i did, i never heard anything from her."