EYES LOCKED

THE PAINTING WAS blatant, very on jisoo's face; it was an attack.

it started where they met, the middle was when they were deeply in love, the end was jisoo leaving and rosie looking confused and heartbroken.

jisoo's vision began to spin, while the contents of her guts were climbing up to her throat.

she did not know what all of these held; did reed really just want to show this to her or did this mean to be a slap to her fucking face?

it could not be, jisoo was too presumptuous to think that this was an attack, too much up in her head. rosé was hurt, confused, lost- it was only right for her to have had painted such beauty. such sorrow.

jisoo hated what she did.

she wished she didn't.

all there was to do was regret.

and buy the painting. rosé earned it.

it wasn't that jisoo was buying it because she's left such chaos in rosie's heart and head, rather she bought this because she wanted to get reminded of how much idiotic she had been. it would be nice to have a daily reminder that she was... and that was it, 'she was', and not 'she is'. she's of the past to rosé now.

"don't tell her i bought this," jisoo sighed and pushed her hair back with her hand. "please, reed,"

reed responded with a nod.

-

jisoo had the three paintings stacked, the canvases in her arms as she walked to the stairs (the lift wasn't working). as she trudged upwards she almost tripped upon seeing a familiar face, she did not expect to see her with blonde hair; the last time they were together her hair was brown.

it seemed like ages ago.

their eyes were stuck with each other, the look they give each other was stronger than super glue, there was a certainty that it would hurt a whole lot if they would tear away from each other's gazes.

rosie most especially could not do it even if it hurts.

jisoo really did not have it in her because it had been a long time since they had seen each other.

they both knew they should say something, but words were something that did not exist in that moment.

▪︎

it had been a regular thing: rosie staying over in jisoo's apartment despite the distance of it from the university (jisoo drives them both to school anyway), and the both of them doing papers and other projects.

there was a crease between jisoo's brows as she was deep in consternation while rosie's eyes were on her, glued there, it was really difficult to look away. once rosie's eyes landed on jisoo, it was over, those brown eyes of hers were prisoner's of the older one's visual. a total aesthete. it was only right for jisoo to be her muse.

her hand moved on her sketch pad as she traced every single detail of jisoo's features, so intricate, and it was beautifully destined to have an unaware muse, in her own world.

the sketch was already finished with its first stages, it was a rough draft, it still needed some finishing touches nonetheless it was beautiful, pleasing to the eyes, jisoo was always pleasing to the eye anyway.

"hey baby," jisoo's voice was soft, tired, she crawled closer to rosé, to her baby.

"hmm," rosé pushed the sketch pad aside and put her attention towards jisoo (as if she ever really took it away from her).

jisoo looked up with a pout on her lips, rosie's stomach was doing flips, she leaned down and gave jisoo a soft peck. "let's have dinner,"

"what do you want for dinner?" rosie paused and kissed jisoo's cheek, "let me guess..." the two of them stared for a second or so, jisoo smiled, rosie put a finger on jisoo's nose.

"chicken,"

"you"

the two of them blurted at the same time.

"what?" rosé asked, then soon laughed as it sunk into her.

"i'm stressed," jisoo pouted and rosie immediately kissed her on the lips.

"i know, let's go order food?" it wasn't much of a question, more of a statement. rosé moved to go retrieve her phone, but jisoo tightened her hold on rosé to keep her from leaving her.

"use my phone, love"

rosé reached for jisoo's phone and giggled as jisoo began to leave kisses on her neck. she pushed jisoo's face away from her "we gonna eat or we gonna eat?"

"eat," jisoo laughed,"order for chinese, i want orange chikin,"

rosé nodded and ran a hand through jisoo's hair, "m'kay,"

▪︎

once upon a time, they looked into each other's eyes with so much love and certainty, add happiness to the mix, and it was just the perfect concoction of love. this time it was different. it was supposed to be different; there was love, longing, ache, and regret... guilt. anger. at least anger in rosie's end.

jisoo was suddenly mute and paralyzed, rosie's eyes were like medusa's it rendered jisoo into stone. a stature of the past, of the one who left the blonde.

rosie sighed and looked away, afraid to shed tears, so she heaved in a breath and began to move. this had snapped jisoo out of the weird stasis she was in, she got on rosie's way and cleared her throat.

"hey," fuck, all those months and that was all she could say to roseanne. she could do better. rosie deserved better. "chaengie,"

rosie flinched.

jisoo's heart dropped to the ground.

they should talk. have that confrontation, closure. end this chapter in their life. start a new one without the weight of them.

"can you please get out of the way, i'm late for something?" rosie was still avoiding jisoo's gaze.

"okay," jisoo nodded, "but can we talk soon?"

"what about and what for?"

"us,"

rosie scoffed and continued to walk, this made jisoo step aside, she wanted to grab rosie but she was carrying the painting.

"rosie, please—"

"not now, jisoo."

"i didn't mean now."

"fuck," rosie mumbled under her breath, she hated this, she wished she could resist jisoo. "okay, but not now..."

"when?"

"just wait."

that was better than nothing, jisoo hoped that it wasn't just an empty promise, but then again this was roseanne, a woman of her word. 

"i'm willing to wait," 

"you better,"