BULLET TO THE HEART

A WOMAN OF her word.

that was what roseanne park chaeyoung was.

when she said she was going to do it then she would.

there were a lot of instances in the span of their relationship which had showed that.

jisoo could not forget a handful of it.

▪︎

her phone - it was a samsung - was pressed against her ear, on the other end was jisoo, breathing heavily (tired from the jog she took), she sounded really winded; it was making rosie's imagination so wild.

"promise me?"

rosé nodded, forgetting that jisoo could not see her, "yes, i do promise."

they were talking about that family dinner the kims were having, jisoo wanted rosé there and rosé did show up, despite it being so nerve wracking for rosie.

she was going to get introduced as the girlfriend.

her dark locks were strewn around as she tried to find the perfect outfit for that pertinent occasion.

all sorts of stressed, she had to smoke pot to calm herself down, and call for joy's help.

"i want to be presentable,"

"you are already so presentable, ro."

an array of outfits were suggested by joy, options that weren't chosen.

not that because she seemed like such a thot.

not that because she seemed like she was trying so hard.

not that, not this, not ever.

until she finally settled with one.

she wanted to bail, she had no time to buy cake and flowers, fortunately for roseanne lisa had bought it for her.

the feeling of hurling was deep within her gut, but she swallowed the nausea and picked jisoo up from her apartment and rode to brooklyn, with sweaty palms and the determination of wooing all the kims.

it was not quite surprising, they all loved her.

no wonder it was quite devastating for them that roseanne and jisoo broke up.

▪︎

it had been days since rosé promised they were going to talk, and jisoo still hung to it.

roseanne is a woman of her word. it took her a while, but she did show up, late at night, reeking of alcohol and cigarettes, and vanilla.

an all too familiar scent to jisoo. the smell of home, of love, of what she lost.

her eyes were void and numb, it did not say anything to jisoo; the scent was familiar, but the eyes were unfamiliar, she wondered what more there was to them.

"you want to talk, right?" the blonde asked, jisoo's eyes examined every part of roseanne that she could as of that moment, they widened.

a blaring red spot was on rosie's neck, and if she tried harder she could smell sweat and somebody else on her.

fuck

that shit hurt.

jisoo breathed out and smiled at her, falsely, forcedly.

"yeah,"

rosie stepped in and pushed jisoo, cornered her to the wall and pressed her lips against the shorter girl.

jisoo was taken aback, she was not supposed to kiss her back, but she missed her, she missed this. for those few moments, jisoo forgot that rosie was with somebody else, entangled, naked, raw.

mouths were open, tongue dancing, hands frantic and moving, tugging off clothing; but it has to stop.

it hurt too much.

"fuck, who were you with?"

"doesn't matter,"

"it does matter,"

"it does not because you broke up with me, jisoo!" rosie bursted. "i really want to be mad with you right now and i don't, i just miss you,"

jisoo stared up at chaeng's eyes, "you broke up with me and you left me!" her tears were not stopping at all, they kept on cascading down her rosy cheeks. "without even telling me the reason why!"

"i was going crazy, if i had known i would be able to move on already!" rosie sniffled.

"baby, baby, please listen..." they looked into each other's eyes.

rosie jutted her lower lip out into a pout and nodded.

jisoo smiled, the tears in her eyes visible but never leaving her eyes.

it was now or never.

the end.

©️ dissonant, 2019