Chapter 2

I plucked my phone from my pocket as soon as Lynn had gotten out of sight, saving the number to my contacts before the digits would wash from my skin later in the day.

As the hours dragged on, I debated back and forth with myself at my kitchen table whether or not I would text her. I kept picking my phone up, putting it down, picking it back up, putting it back down, picking it up, putting it down, up, down, up, down, and finally I took a deep breath in through my nose, letting it out from my lips with a bit of a huff. It's now or never.

Me: Hey! It's Iris, just wanted to text you like I promised I would.

I hit send on my phone after re-reading the message at least a hundred times in my mind. I took another very deep breath and waited. Soon I felt my phone buzz in my hand, I looked down and there was her name plastered across my screen.

Lynn: Well hello there, beautiful. What took so long?

I screeched as soon as the message had processed in my mind. Beautiful?? Me?? Wow...

Play it cool, Iris...

I was thinking quietly, and began typing: I'm sorry about that. Had a lot going on today after seeing you lol

No, be honest with her, she will appreciate the sincerity... I backspaced the whole message, and typed out a new one.

Me: I'm so sorry, I was actually really nervous to send you a message.

Lynn: I wanted to try and hang out with you before we finished up the last leg of this tour, we already headed out... looks like we will just have to video chat. How does that sound?

The reply was instantaneous, and made my heart start to flutter. Video chat with Lynn?

Me: I'm scared you'll think I'm lame, but that sounds wonderful.

Almost as soon as I sent the message, Lynn's face was covering the screen of my phone. She was playing with her blonde locks as she bounced up and down slightly in the screen.

I smiled softly as I gazed at her through the screen and tapped on the accept button, and as soon as we connected, her face lit up. "Iris!" she exclaimed, causing me to giggle softly.

"Lynn!" I replied, softer than her, but with the same enthusiasm. She was smiling brightly at me from the screen.

"You look ravishing tonight," she said with a fake posh accent, chuckling softly. I felt my cheeks grow warm as I pulled my hoodie sleeve to my mouth, trying to hide the blush. WHAT DO I SAY BACK??????? Before I could think too hard into it, I blurted out a simple compliment.

"I could say the same for you," I replied.

"You could, but you won't?" she asked, raising her eyebrows with a smirk.

"I would, but, you're always looking stunning," I replied quickly, patting myself on the back for not tripping over my own words. She burst into a loud, vivacious laugh and ran her fingers through her hair. I couldn't tell if it was a nervous habit or if she had just grown accustomed to doing it.

"Thank you," she said with a big smile.

As the conversation went on, the topics got more and more interesting, and the later it got, the more I wished she was still in town so that maybe I could have hung out with her. We talked about what all we had done after graduating. We talked about our favorite music, literature, artists, etc. She talked about her tattoos, I talked about my time in college. We got on the topic of my home life, and growing up. I didn't go too far into detail, just enough for Lynn to realize that I am a soft person that needs a lot of love and reassurance that I am needed. I looked over at the clock and yawned softly. "Lynn it's almost 2 AM..." I said in a sleepy voice.

"One more topic, my love," she pleaded, "then I'll let you get some rest." I nodded quickly and she looked down for a moment and then back at the phone and spoke to me quietly, "Would you think I was weird if I told you something I think about often when I look at you?" I shook my head, and bit my lower lip softly as I waited for her to continue, "Do you know what a caregiver-slash-little dynamic is?" I bit my lip harder and nodded softly. "You know what it entails?" I nodded again. "I often think about how wonderful it would be to have you be my little baby girl. You are so shy, soft, and submissive, and I would love to see the little girl inside of you. I guess what all of this is about, is... do you think you'd like to maybe try it out and let me be your caregiver for a day, when I come back of course," I was chewing on my lip now and could almost taste blood. Was it that obvious that I was a little? Every fantasy I had ever had about Lynn was coming true. "I like being called Daddy," she said softly with a little smirk that turned into a genuine smile after a moment, "you don't ever have to call me that unless you want this with me, and before we start anything we can go on a real date if you'd like... if you need some time to think that's o-"

"Does this mean we don't get to talk until you get back?" I asked her sadly, my lower lip now poked out in a pout.

"Silly girl, of course not! I will talk to you every chance I get until I come back!" she said, chuckling, "turn that frown upside down, Little One."

"I would love to try you being my caregiver, no date required. I just wanna cuddle you already and feel your lips on my forehead," I replied, giggling softly. She smiled brightly, and looked at me with admiration.

"Of course, anything for the baby," she said sweetly, "now get some rest, honey. I'll call you as soon as you're awake and make sure you're having a beautiful morning."

"Okay, goodnight Da- I mean... goodnight Lynn." I said, stumbling over my words, sleepily. She smiled even more than before and replied to me.

"Goodnight, Angel," she said before kissing at the phone and hanging up the call.