Chapter 16. Part I. It's you, babe.

Summary:

Maddie's dad, Gary, arrives unexpectedly at her house and she welcomes him but makes him promise he'll quit drinking and he'll search for a job. With his arrival and Peter's decision to move to Washington after the wedding, the tension between the couple is becoming more evident everyday. Francesca and Maddie became pretty good friends while Niall, on the other hand, is still trying to move on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Harry, I thought you were having lunch with Nate and Leigh" I said when I saw him still sitting on the sofa.

"Yeah, but they couldn't in the end" he replied still looking at his phone.

"Is everything okay?"

"I guess so. Apparently Maddie's dad moved with her, and I think thing's aren't going very well"

"Her dad? Gary? Why is he living with her?"

"I honestly don't know"

I stood there without saying a thing. Lots of things going on in my mind. I was pretty worried about Maddie. Her father caused her so much anxiety so I didn't even want to imagine what was her state at that time if he was living with her. Maybe Gary had changed but I could only think about how nervous she was the day she decided to forgive him.

[Flashback]

July 2014.

I turned and saw her sitting in the passenger seat. She was bitting her lip. With her left hand she kept playing with her blonde hair. Her right one was shaking on her lap. It killed me to know that I couldn't do anything more than driving. I took her right hand with my sight still on the road.

"Hey, it's going to be alright, baby" I whispered before placing a little kiss on the back of her hand.

She didn't say a word, she only nodded. I knew she couldn't say a word because she had a huge lump in her throat. She didn't even look at me. She kept staring at the road ahead. I knew she was too inmerse in her own thoughts. She did smile for a little bit, though. I didn't like seeing her like that so I parked into a gas station.

"What's up?" she asked.

"I can't stand seeing you like this, Maddie... I want your fears to fade away. I want you to trust me when I say everything's going to be alright today. But I know you can't. I know I can't do anything when something's up with your father and..."

I sighed and and run my fingers through my hair nervously. I was fucking scared. I was scared things wouldn't go as planned and her father would hurt her again. I didn't know if she'd be ready for that or if I was ready to see her completely devastated.

Suddenly I noticed how her fingertips rubbed along my arm until they got to my neck. She made me turn around to face her just so I could see her smiling. She approached me slowly until our noses were brushing against each other.

"Niall, you don't have to worry about anything. When it comes to my father you're the only one who brings me calm. It's you the only one who can make my fears disappear and my doubts fade away"

I smiled when I heard those words. Maddie always talked about how I calmed her, without knowing that in that moment, she was calming me.

Our lips brushed and I felt the urge to kiss her, so I did. I placed my hands around her neck while I pressed my mouth on hers, and they started moving to the same rhythm. My tongue gently slipping between her lips as she curled her fingers through my hair and I moved my big hands from her face to sit at her waist. I melted into her, as her tongue slipped across mine, making us both taste each other once again. I swear I could've stayed like that forever. I swear I would've stayed in that car for the rest of the day, even for the rest of my life. Kissing her. Tasting her. Making her feel loved. Because I loved her, I truly did, and I always wanted to let her know I did. She broke the kiss, our chests going up and down heavily, trying to get back the oxygen we had lost during that kiss. We both smiled and I took her hand in mine and placed a tiny little kiss on it. She carressed my flushed cheek and looked me straight in the eyes. Her big blue eyes were shining, and I couldn't even see a hint of sadness in them. She looked happy, and I could still feel both of our hearts pounding in our chests. And that, made me happy too.