Chapter 4

Izuku's POV~

We were still playing Minecraft and it had been a few hours. It was probably late, but since there were no windows I was just going off of my internal clock. I wasn't even sure how accurate that would be because I don't know how long I was originally knocked out. I yawned as fatigue started to talk over my body. I saw Shinso look over at me from the corner of my eye.

"You tired?" He asked, moving his eyes back to the screen.

I hummed in response, not really having the energy to use actual words. He chuckled as the controller slipped from my weak grip. Gently grabbing the fallen controller, he put both of them back by the tv and shut everything down. He walked back over to me, softly pushing me back so I was laying down. "Get some sleep kid." He said, turning to walk out of the room.

"Are you even older than me?" I asked him, my words slightly slurred. He turned back around, "Yeah, by like a year or something." He said with a shrug. I weakly nodded in understanding.

"Wait, this is your room right? Where are you gonna sleep?" I asked, sitting back up, suddenly worried about him. I know it wasn't really logical to be concerned about my kidnappers well being, but he had been nothing but nice, and sarcastic I guess, to me. He was completely terrible. It didn't hurt that he was just a tad bit cute either.

I saw him smile when I asked my question. "Don't worry about me, I don't really sleep a lot anyway." He said while shrugging.

"You shrug a lot, ya know that?" I asked, burying my face into one of his pillows. He lightly laughed at me, but didn't say anything else. I heard shuffling around the room as he continued to the door. "Wait!" I called after him, "why don't you just stay here? It's a big bed and I'm a tiny person." If I wasn't sleep drunk, I never would have suggested sleeping in the same bed as the guy that kidnapped me, but there we were. I seriously regretted it in the morning.

"Are you being serious Izu?" He asked me, amusement clear in his tone. I just nodded my head, not bothering to even open my eyes. He laughed again and laid down on the other side of the bed.

I rolled towards him and snuggled into his chest. "Wh-what are you doing?" He asked me in surprise. "Warm." I mumbled, still too tired to care about what I was doing. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and just like that, I was out.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

I woke up the next morning confused. I was amazingly warm and comfortable. I felt arms around me, but I didn't know they belonged to. I was beginning to panic when I opened my eyes and saw Shinso's sleeping figure. "Oh, it's just Shin." I mumbled to myself.

Then I sat bolt upright, jolting the other teen awake in the process. "Jesus, what the hell Izu?" He asked me, sitting up and rubbing the remains of sleep from his eyes.

I looked back and forth between him and the bed. "Wh-why? You- me- bed-" I wasn't really forming any complete sentences, but I think he was smart enough to understand what I was getting at.

The smirk he gained told me I was correct. "You nearly passed out on me last night while playing Minecraft, so I shut everything down and put you to bed. I tried to leave but you insisted the bed was big enough for both of us." He said smugly. I felt my face heat up and I knew I was probably as red as Kirishima's hair. "When I laid down, you cuddled into me like a fucking cat saying that I was 'warm' or something. I kind of just let it happen." He finished with yet another shrug. I turned an even deeper shade of red, if that's even possible.

Last night had fully come back to me as he told me the story. I can be such an idiot sometimes and it always comes back to bite me. I should just stop caring about the well being of others, I mean look what it's gotten me. Tried to help Todoroki with his quirk, ended up with severe burns and I was out of the sports festival. Tried to help Iida and nearly got arrested. Tried to help Kacchan and almost died. Tried to help Shinso get some freaking sleep and now I'm never going to hear the end of it. I should stop.

I should, but I won't.

I quickly tried to change the subject, not wanting to be any more embarrassed than I already was. "What's gonna happen today?" I asked him.

His amused face fell and was replaced with a grave expression. "I'm not sure. What happens with you isn't up to me." He explained. He started talking again when he saw my own face fall, "If it makes you feel better, I don't think they plan on hurting you. You're either bait, a bargaining chip, or a new recruit." I felt a little weight come off of my shoulders, but not much. I might not get hurt, but then I might be the reason someone else gets hurt.

"Kacchan told us they tried to recruit him when he was kidnapped." I said absentmindedly. I don't really know why I said it, but it seemed relevant.

Shinso gently grabbed my wrist in a comforting way, shocking me. I turned my head to look at him, my eyes slightly widened. "It's not as bad as you might think. I actually really like it here, there's a lot of freedom, you have a roof over your head, food to eat, it's not a bad gig." He said, clearly trying to make me feel better about whatever it is I'm going to have to deal with later today.

There was silence after he spoke, neither one of us really knowing what else to say. I found myself getting lost while staring into his eyes. They were a complex mix of purple, grey, and maybe a little bit of blue.

I'm not sure how long we were just sitting there, looking at each other, but it was abruptly stopped when Shin's door slammed open. "Hey Shinso, where's-"

We both snapped our heads to the new person in the room. Shinso let go of me and jumped out of the bed as soon as the door opened. I looked at the unfamiliar girl. She was probably a teenager, like us, and had blonde hair pulled up in two messy buns on either side of her head. She was sporting a sly smile, showing off her fanged teeth.

"Well, well, well, getting cozy with the UA kid, now aren't we? Shigaraki's gonna want to hear about this."

"Fuck."