Chapter 9

Izuku's POV~

Shinso and I quickly pulled apart. I turned a light shade of red, but the other boy seemed unfazed by being caught hugging me. I focused my attention on what, or rather, who had broken us up. Kacchan, the one who had spoken, Todoroki, and Uraraka were all standing at the doorway to our classroom. The two boys both seemed apprehensive, but Uraraka looked ecstatic.

I decided to break the tension and respond, seeing as no one had answered Kacchan's question. "He's in the hero course now. Think of him as a transfer student of sorts." I said sheepishly, already knowing that there was going to be a lot of fights from now on.

Uraraka nearly squealed in happiness, Todoroki seemed shocked but quickly masked it, and Kacchan was just appalled. "Who the fuck let him into the hero course?" Kacchan shouted, causing me to flinch. It didn't go unnoticed by Shinso, who lightly grabbed my wrist.

"I did, and if you'd like to stay in it, I'd suggest you all get to your seats." Aizawa's tired voice call out behind us. I jumped in surprise, but quickly got over it and pulled Shinso in the room and over to his new seat. I shot him one last encouraging smile before going to my own.

"As you can all clearly see, we have a new student. Some of you, the smarter ones, will have also noticed that he is in fact the villain responsible for Midoriya's kidnapping. He's over it, I'm over it, the police are over it, so you all need to get over it. If I see even one of you giving Shinso a hard time, I'll- eh I'll let Midoriya deal with you." He said with a shrug. I went bright red at being brought into the conversation. I looked over at Shinso and saw him smirking at me. I quickly turned away and caught sight of my classmates all staring at me.

I heard Kacchan scoff in front of me. "Why the hell would that deter any of us? Are we supposed to be scared of the damn nerd?" He said, and I could just feel his eye roll.

"Yes, yes you are. The league of villains had to take his quirk away because they were terrified of him. You should be shitting yourself in fear of 'the damn nerd'." Shinso shot back, putting quotations around 'the damn nerd'. I smiled, just a little, at him defending me.

Kacchan noticed my smile. "What the fu-" he cut himself off. Realization dawned on his features, but I was in the dark. I had no clue what he was going to ask or what conclusion he had come to. Whatever it was, it shut him up.

"Shinso, mind tell us a little about yourself and your quirk?" Aizawa said, motioning for Shin to talk.

He sighed, seeming annoyed, but I could tell that he was anxious. I don't think he was completely comfortable revealing everything about himself to a pro and a bunch of heroes in training. I couldn't really blame him, but I felt a little hurt that he didn't trust us, or at least me. "I'm Hitoshi Shinso and I swear to god if any of you call me anything other than Shinso-" He looked over at the stern look I was giving him and sighed again, "I'll politely ask you to not." I beamed proudly at him, noticing the small smile that was on his face for a few seconds before he continued, "My quirk is called 'Brainwashing'. I'm not going to elaborate on how it works, I need to have some sort of fun while I'm stuck here, just know that I can mentally control people." He said with a shrug.

I saw some of my classmate's faces pale, making me giggle quietly. "Calm down guys, it's not that bad. He'll just make you stand still for like an hour." I said casually, but couldn't help the laugh that fell from my lips while remembering my time in 'captivity', if you could even call it that. I also got Shin to laugh at my joke, making me feel exceptionally proud.

I saw a few students raised their hands up into the air, having questions for Shin. He called on Kaminari first, bad move. "So you've done a lot of illegal stuff, right?" He asked, seeming just a bit too excited for the answer.

Shinso smiled lightly at the question. "Actually, no. Petty thefts mostly, kidnapping Izu was the worst thing I've ever done." He explained, causing me to blush at my nickname.

Instantly Uraraka's hand shot up, causing Toshi to call on her. "Why do you call Deku, Izu?" She asked, with a huge smile on her face, weirding me out a little bit.

"Why do you call him Deku?" He asked back.

"Because when I first met him, that's what I heard Bakugou call him." She said quickly, wanting him to answer her question.

Shin looked over at the explosive blonde. "Why do you call him that?" Kacchan scoft at the other boy, not answering him. "Wow, aren't you mature?" He teasingly asked. Uh oh.

"Fuck off-" And just like that Kacchan's eyes were glazed over and Shin had a victorious smile on his face.

"Why do you call him Deku?" He asked again, this time getting an answer. "Because he's worthless." Kacchan said in a monotone voice.

I knew why he called me that, it wasn't a surprise to hear it, so why did it hurt so bad? It was like getting smacked across the face. Being awoken from an amazing dream and having to deal with a shitty reality. I kept my head down, not wanting to face any of my classmates.

"Apologize, you asshole." I heard Shinso spit out. I lifted my head up just as the word 'sorry' left my childhood bully's mouth.

I looked up at Shinso in terror. I knew how pissed Kacchan would be when Shinso's quirk was no longer affecting him. I got up from my chair and rushed over to where Shin was standing up and grabbed the front of his coat. "Please stop it Toshi. Let him go, this isn't worth it. Once he's himself again, he's gonna be pissed!" I pleaded with the taller boy.

He was surprised by my actions but silently nodded. I glanced back at Kacchan and saw him looking at Shinso and I. He didn't say anything, and I almost thought he was still under Shinso's control, until he got up and just walked out of the room.

And the whole time, Aizawa was freaking sleeping at his desk.