We're All Mad Here

You and Hatter find yourselves in a debate about which biscuits are best for dunking in tea. Who wins and what mad things do you get up to prove your point?

"That's nonsense!" I yelled.

"You mean it makes no sense," he replied.

The Hatter nodded his head and poured himself another cup of tea. His tiny hat swayed with the motion of his oversized head coming to an abrupt stop. He proceeded to take satisfying sips purposefully ignoring my empty one.

"How rude!" I exclaimed.

"How ungrateful!" he replied.

"How madding," mumbled the March Hare, "There aren't any ... any more Macarons."

"There are Macaroons. Right beside the-"

"A Macaroon does not much of a Macaron make," the Hatter replied.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" hopped the Hare.

He knocked on the Dormouse's head before hopping on the table. He grabbed his cup and jumped over the milk and sugar landing right in front of the Hatter. He splashed some tea in his cup and he sloshed more tea on the table cloth. With a huge leap, he landed back on his seat and poured half his tea on the Dormouse's face.

"You might just say," the Dormouse rubbed his eyes, "that crumpets are the best but that's not the case."

"And why not?" I inquired.

"I thought ... I thought ... everyone knew that" the March Hare said, "Even ... even the Tweedles know that!"

"You see ... crumpets are the grumpets," the Hatter chucked, "so they can't be the bestest."

"I know! Cheese crackers are the best," the Dormouse yawned, "They always crack the bestest jokes."

"No, they don't mouse," Hatter replied.

"No ... No, they don't mouse," Hare replied.

"Do you know what they call a cheese that's sad?" Mouse asked.

I looked over to the Hatter but he was too busy. He had taken off his hat and was placing it at a particular angle to check if he could get a better view of his garden. I looked at Hare but he too was busy trying to put ten spoons of sugar in his cup. By now the Dormouse was sprawled on the table.

"I don't know ... what do you call it?" I asked.

"Blue Cheese," he giggled, "Cheese crackers told me that one!"

He gave a loud snore and curled up like an oatmeal cookie. The March Hare placed him under his elbow using him as a cushion. I wanted to protest at such rude behavior when I noticed a sneaky smile drifting above their heads.

"If it's dunkin' then it has to be donuts," a smile said. It floated about then descended on a nearby branch. Slowly a head appeared without a body.

"Cheshire. When did you get here?" the Hatter asked.

"Oh, that's an easy one. Before my smile but after my tail," he replied.

"But a donut wouldn't fit in a cup!" I said.

"Have you tried it?" Cheshire asked.

"No"

"Then you should!"

"But I don't have any tea!" I said, "Is it time for tea?"

"Its always time for tea but maybe we should wait for Alice?" the Hatter wondered.

"We could have tea while we wait," I suggested.

"Why! What a splendid idea!"