un-noticed

tord sat down at his desk, and the bell rang. right on time. the teacher glared at him. she didn't like him at all, for absolutely no reason. well, maybe because he didn't pay attention very well. her name was mrs. millwim. it was a strange name. mrs. milllwim started taking roll.

"lisa?"

"here."

"brayden?"

"here."

"eliz-" the door slammed open, and hit the wall hard. the bang echoed throughout the room, and everybody was silent. edd ran into the room, laughing. he brushed his bangs out of his eyes, but they fell back into his rightful spot. if there was anybody that mrs. millwim hated more than tord, it was edd. they were trouble together. 

"sorry im late, mrs. millwim, traffic was unbelievable!" edd said, exaggerated. tord snickered. edd was holding a bag of mcdonalds food in his hand. traffic wasn't bad at all. 

"i'm sure it was. sit down." edd sat down behind tord, and poked his back. tord turned around, and edd handed him a couple of fries. tord mouthed a 'thanks', and edd nodded. mrs. millwim continued roll, and started class. tord immediately started zoning out. he pulled out a sheet of paper, and started doodling. first it was a cat, and then a bird, then edd, and then a more detailed picture of tom.

"drawin' your black-eyed-boyfriend?" edd said. he was leaning over tord's shoulder, and tord jumped as soon as edd started speaking. they bumped their heads together, and groaned. mrs. millwim glared at them.

"talking about something interesting, boys?" they both shook their heads, and she continued. edd scoffed, and leaned back over to tord. 

"aww, is that me? cuteee" edd gushed, pointing at the drawing. tord smacked him lightly, shooing him away. he mumbled, 'get off, dick' and pushed him back into his seat. edd laughed loudly, and after a moment you could hear edd's pencil scratching on the paper. tord rolled his eyes, and continued drawing.

"tord, what's the answer to number five?" mrs. millwim demanded. tord's head shot up, and he looked at her red-faced. he wasn't paying attention at all, and he didn't even have his work book open. I think mrs. millwim knew that, because she was smiling. 

"um, twenty-three?" his face was slowly getting more red, and it was sure getting hot. There were a few snickers from other students, and tord sunk down into his seat.

"wrong. pay attention, and stop drawing." tord sighed, and sat up again. mrs. millwim continued the lesson, and tord zoned out again. he gripped the pencil in his hand, and started doodling himself. he was frowning, and the text 'wow i feel awful' was next to his cartoon counterpart. edd tapped his shoulder from behind, and tord turned around.

edd handed him a piece of paper that had been folded into a small square. tord took it, and turned back around, unfolding the paper. on the paper was a drawing of him, and a certain black eyed boy, holding hands. there were tons of hearts on the paper, and text that said 'boyfs' tord shot a glare to edd, and folded the paper. edd was giggling in his seat, and tord put the paper in his pocket, embarrassed again. he really couldn't wait for the class to end. 

right after math, tord had language arts. tom had that class with him. tord walked into the class, and sat down in his seat. tom's seat was next to his. tord pulled out his phone, and scrolled on social media until the bell rang. he looked to his left, and tom wasn't there. strange, they walked to school together, he should have been there. tord shrugged it off as either tom was sluffing class, or he went home. 

the teacher took roll. his name was mr. hutch. he was one of the more likeable teachers that actually made the learning decent. the only downside was that he gave out a lot of worksheets. tord sighed, resting his head on his hand while mr. hutch took roll.